Help with getting Mods going

LilRedFam's Avatar LilRedFam7/9/20 1:31 pm
2 emeralds 133 3
7/9/2020 2:06 pm
anonpmc2747568's Avatar anonpmc2747568
Hey everyone, so my daughter is really into java edition, and I'm trying to get some mods going for her. BUT, in a lot of the mods instructions, there's missing info on where to click. So, I have the cars mod downloaded, I have the minecraft forge app downloaded, but I can't seem to find where to get the forge to open, let alone get minecraft java to accept forge to get the mods to activate. Usually, i'm pretty quick with computer stuff, but I'm also stuck on older windows version (like windows 98 is what i'm used to, but this computer is running windows 7). any help is greatly appreciated, and if you could include any screenshots to help indicate what i'm doing wrong is even better.

Thanks in advance everyone!

LilRedFam
LilRedFam
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

07/09/2020 2:06 pm
Level 13 : Journeyman Miner
anonpmc2747568
[deleted]
07/09/2020 2:00 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Dragonborn
Anak1n098
Hello my friend, I'm going to tell you what I think would possibly Help you in steps and different categories.

+How to get Forge?
1. First of all, you have to acces the forge website on any type of browsing app you like to use; http://files.minecraftforge.net/

2. On the website you will se a tab on the left side of the screen with a bunch of versions of the game. Choose the version of the mods you have and the exact version (because there are differente variations of each, ex. 1.12.2, 1.12.1, 1.12, and other versions);

3. When on the version you chose, there will be 2 tabs of the "Latest" and the "Recommended". Choose the "Installer" optiong from the recommended tab;

4. Wait 5 seconds and your download will start. In case a warning appear on it asking if you want to keep it, accept keeping it, its safe;

5. When done, click once on the download and then a window will appear, but you just have to click "install";

6. To get it running in-game, open your minecraft launcher and see if there are any forge options on the "play" section. In case there isn't, go to the "installations" section of the launcher and then choose "new+". When you click on "new+", put any name you want and search for the forge you installed on the versions;

7. In case you couldn't find it, I recommend you to restart your computer and do the steps on number 6 again.

+How to get mods?
1. Now the fun part of this. First, download the mods you want in the desired version of the game. In case warnings appear asking if you want to keep them, accept keeping them if you know if the website is safe;

The next steps can be done 2 ways each. Before doing any of them, read them:

2. When you have your mods downloaded, open the "Run" window (home button + R / search "Run" on the windows search tab);

3. Open the %appdata% folder (typing %appdata% on the Run window / searching %appdata% on the windows search tab)

Back to normal steps:

4. On the %appdata%, click on the folder ".minecraft";

5. In that folder, search for another folder called "mods";

6. Inside the "mods" folder, drag/paste the mods you downloaded.

And simple as that, your daughter can play modded minecraft with no worries. If you have any other questions or need any other help, you can reach me in any ways on my profile and I will try to help again with pleasure. Have a nice day!
07/09/2020 1:44 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Network
Greymagic27
First of all you want to make sure you're only downloading mods from https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods. You can download mods from here, but make sure you check the person who submitted the mod as they may have stolen it.

Secondly: Never install mods from websites such as 9minecraft since they're known to steal mods and sometimes include malware in their downloads.

Now let's get onto how to install forge and then how to get mods working:

Step 1

Download Minecraft Forge from their website: https://files.minecraftforge.net/. Click the 'skip ad' button when it becomes available. DO NOT CLICK ANY AD!

Step 2

Run the forge.jar that you've downloaded and then hit the 'install client' button. You may need to route it to your minecraft versions folder as well (%appdata%/.minecraft/versions)

Step 3

Download any mod that you like the look of from curseforge. Make sure the mod you're downloading is for the same Minecraft version that you got forge for.

Step 4

Place the downloaded mod.jar into your 'mods' folder in .minecraft. (%appdata%/.minecraft/mods). If you don't have this directory then go ahead and create it (making sure it's all in lowercase)

Step 5

Load up the Minecraft Launcher. Forge should have created a version you can access from the dropdown menu next to the play button. If it hasn't then click on Installations and hit the 'new +' button. From there scroll to the bottom until you see the forge installation, and then click that and hit 'save'

Step 6

Load up Minecraft Forge. Once it loads you should see that it says '1 mods active' (or however mods you've put in). Don't worry if it says '4 mods' when you've only put 1, forge comes with some stuff to make it work which will display there.

If you're wondering how to see what mods you have installed, click the 'mods' button ingame and it will display every mod that is installed!

You can also install optifine with forge (an FPS boosting mod), here's a tutorial on how to do that: minecraft.gamepedia.com/Mods/Installing_OptiForge
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome