How do you download Minecraft 1.16?

LukeTG246's Avatar LukeTG2463/27/20 5:16 pm
4 emeralds 1.2k 9
4/7/2020 12:38 pm
GeekyCatGaming's Avatar GeekyCatGaming
Hi everyone! I was just wondering how you update minecraft to 1.16, aka the nether update. I have heard many good things about it, And I would like to try it out! I am playing Minecraft: Java Edition on a macOS.
LukeTG246
Level 7 : Apprentice Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

04/07/2020 12:38 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Architect
GeekyCatGaming
1.16 is still in the snapshot faze (basically an open beta.) You can check out the snapshot by going through the launcher (there are lots of tutorials on youtube on how to do this) but I wouldn't recommend playing on 1.16 at all. A: any new features not yet added to the snapshot will not appear in your already generated chunks, and B: the snapshot versions are unstable and could corrupt your world. If you're using an old world, I would recommend taking a backup before updating it to the snapshot, and before switching to the newest snapshot I would recommend the same thing. I generally only hop into the snapshot to check out the features, not to play in. I normally wait till the full release for that.
04/06/2020 3:28 pm
Level 24 : Expert Artist
GraySlicerAnimations
Since it's still in the snapshot stage you'll need to enable snapshot versions on your launcher. Here are some tutorials:

Old Launcher: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8c5j4fBSgI

New Launcher: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZFxvBMsTVE
03/30/2020 4:21 pm
Level 44 : Master Steve
KapceRBLX
I recommend tlauncher for that. Go to versio settings check snapshots and you will get new ones automatically.
03/29/2020 10:51 am
Level 75 : Legendary Sus
Nitgo
To do that your requirements will be:
  • Owning a copy of minecraft
  • Having a decent Wifi connection.
03/29/2020 9:18 am
Level 23 : Expert Ninja
elpideus
What do you mean by ubdate, can u explain better please? Thanks in advance :)
03/28/2020 11:37 am
Level 7 : Apprentice Miner
LukeTG246
thank you guys so much!
03/27/2020 7:24 pm
Level 20 : Expert Dragon
iNyght
The full version of 1.16 is not released. You can access the snapshot in the minecraft launcher. Under the installations tab in the launcher, on the top right there are three check boxes. One for releases, one for snapshots, and one for historical. Releases should automatically be checked, and to access the latest snapshot check the snapshots box as well.

Hope this helps :)
03/27/2020 5:37 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Miner
aguywhosaguy
Go to installations and press "new".
Now, go to version and click "latest snapshot" or any of the snapshots you want.
Give it a name or don't, doesn't matter.
Click create and then go to the "play" tab.
Next to the play button, there should be a drop down menu. Click it, then click the name you gave the snapshot.
Click play, wait for it to download, and be free!
Note that I do not know if there is any differences between windows java and macOS java as I use windows.
Hope this helps!
03/27/2020 5:34 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
Fungiscrusher84
You don't download it from your browser. You get it in the launcher. While 1.16 hasn't been released yet, you can play the snapshot by following these steps:

1) Open your launcher and navigate to installations. It should be in the top left-ish corner.

2) Go to the Versions options in the top right corner and make sure you have enabled snapshots.

3) Now you can go back to Play (it's to the left of installations).

4) Next to the settings button, it will say Latest release, Forge [​place version here] or Optifine (whatever version you play) and choose latest snapshot.

Hope this helps! Have fun!
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome