Lighting underground pathway with redstone system [solved]

crusnik's Avatar crusnik10/16/19 8:01 am history
1 emeralds 349 5
10/20/2019 1:47 am
Kwanatla's Avatar Kwanatla
Playing 1.12.2
Can not find tutorial for this, all of them are over 5y old and way too big systems for something simple. This shouldn't need system that is close to a size of a cottage. Been trying different things but no luck to get this lighting system to work as wanted. Or my brains just doesn't wanna work
Building smallish dungeon with traps, some puzzles and treasures for kid as Halloween is closing in =)

Got underground pathway that goes down about 20 blocks in a spiral which diameter is approx 15 blocks
Putting redstone lamps on the ceiling at random intervals
On the entrance is a button that lights up the redstones lamps
Redstone signal does not go all the way down as it is too many blocks, so how do i get the all the lamps turn on in the pathway when pressing the button?

Second thing i want to do is that when i go all the way down and cross certain point, the lights in the pathway should turn off
Is tripwire best? Or pressuplate? Something else?
And any links to tutorials are very welcome ^___^ ..including pics about restone systems

edit
blah, was too easy to solve as kid solved it in minutes.. i had mixed up repeater and comparator and i didn't even notice x) ..oh well, next time i check what resource pack is in use, i'm used to my special custom mixed but kid doesn't like it so he changes it when he plays
crusnik
Level 19 : Journeyman Explorer