Loaded world in wrong version

satansbagel's Avatar satansbagel10/19/19 10:51 pm history
1 emeralds 2.4k 3
10/20/2019 10:35 am
AyanamiKun's Avatar AyanamiKun
UPDATE: After much trial and error, I fixed my problem
Heres the steps if anyone has the same issue:
1. go into the .minecraft folder ( (user name) > AppData > Roaming > .minecraft)
2. move the world your having trouble with save out of the "saves" folder
3. go to "backups"
4. find the most recent backup of the world
5. unzip the folder
6. move the unzipped folder and into the "saves" folder
7. run minecraft
8. load the world
9. you should be in the last backed-up version of your would

---

I have a survival world that I've played nearly 48 hours in and was loaded/saved in the newest snapshot (19w42a) so I could see the updates as they came along.
After installing OptiFine for shaders (1.14) i loaded a random creative world that was saved in 19w42a and seemed to have no problems. Shaders were running fine, no crashes, etc.
When i loaded my survival world, I spawned where I had last left off except that every build was gone. I was in a mountain biome and had created multiple platforms that connected arches in the mountains together to make a "house". It was gone. I traveled back to where my main place was and, not surprisingly, everything was gone. Including my pets (which I had lots of and I loved them all dearly), the village I had destroyed was back to normal, etc.

Is there anyway I can get my world back to how it was? it meant a lot to me. I have backed up and loaded it many times if that helps. I don't mind if it's just the building that comes back and not my animals, though if it is possible i'd like everything back the way it was.

Thanks in advanced!
satansbagel
Level 1 : New Miner