A massive chunk of 2000blocks in my build went missing:-(

Moorshroom's Avatar Moorshroom6/11/16 9:48 am
1 emeralds 126
I started working on this massive project from Aug 2015 of recreating a map from a game, and now I have finished around 40% of it. It was difficult as all sort of crashes and bugs has made me rebuilt stuff over and over again even though I backup regularly
[b]
[size=150]So an hour ago, I launched mc as usual but I realised It became a different version- 1.9.4 (I usually use 1.8. with forge)all other profiles are deleted from the list on the launcher. It didn't bother me so I went ahead and opened up my world.
But then around 2000 chunks are missing in huge blocks from a part of my build!! (and it has to be the detailed parts that I spent hours putting up furnitures )Even though It was there an hour ago before I closed mc properly and took a shower [/b]ToT A part of me died inside[/size]

[color=#FF8080]I think the only option to recover my build is to retrieve the world save file before it was over written by the crashed one?But I couldn't find any ways to do so, idk if it's even possible...[size=150]please help me senpais (..>/\<.)
[/size][/color]
[color=#FF8080]note: I use worldedit, it might have sth to do with my issue
[/color]
Moorshroom
Level 41 : Master Crafter