Nether Portals

cormo's Avatar cormo8/16/19 8:38 pm
2 emeralds 140 3
9/2/2019 4:28 pm
PapaRhoq's Avatar PapaRhoq
Hello. I've been having trouble with my nether portals. I had one in my old base, then when I moved, I destroyed the old one and made two new ones and the second one is in my base. Both take me to the same portal in the nether (the one that was created by my old base's portal. I tried to destroy the first new portal (the one not in my new base) but now when I leave the nether, it makes a new portal by the first new portal. Is there any way to make it so the nether-side portal takes me to the portal in my base? Thank you.
cormo
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

09/02/2019 4:28 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Ranger
PapaRhoq
Glad I found this. I've been wondering how this stuff works.
08/17/2019 5:53 am
Level 22 : Expert Caveman
Eborik
Yep, there is some ways to do that. In fact the CCs in the overworld are correlated with the CCs in the Nether. So depending if you modified something about the Nether or not in your game, you can figure out where to build your new portal in the Nether-side.

There are also some tools in the internet for doing that, you have to put on your CCs and it usually shows you the X/Y/Z where you have to build to get that working
09/02/2019 3:37 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
SirCodester36
That's correct. Also, the portals are going to search for the corresponding Nether Dimensions: (Overworld X, Z / 8 = Nether Dimensions). I'm sure you knew that, but just in case. It's tough when you have to move nether portals and they're a small amount of blocks away.

(Example: Overworld Coords of X344, Z96 = Nether Coords of X43, Z12). If you build your nether portals with that algorithm, you can put multiple portals within a few blocks of each other in the Nether and they will still link properly.

Good luck!
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome