New launcher and mods suddenly have stopped working?

NeverLookIdly's Avatar NeverLookIdly2/2/15 10:05 pm
1 emeralds 306
Hey guys, i hadn't touched minecraft in a few days since they launched the new launcher and even before i updated to it, despite not having done anything to my minecraft files since the last time i played, minecraft just kept crashing anytime i tried to use any forge based mod. It's not giving me a specific error code either. I thought updating might fix it, same with down grading/reverting my minecraft files to their previous states, but no dice. Is this something happening to a lot of people with this new launcher biz? Because like i said, 3 days ago i could play it all my favorite mods (1.7.10) running perfectly, i don't touch the thing then suddenly it tells me to update and everythings hay wire, i have no idea what could be causing this. And yes i've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, reverting it ect ect.

EDIT: i was able to fix it by replacing my minecraft folder in roaming with an old backup i had made, but the problem comes right back if i try and update anything.

EDIT: Ok i guess through trial and error i found out the new launcher and now old launchers suddenly hate the Myths and monsters mod.
NeverLookIdly
Level 12 : Journeyman Artist