New server idea! Thoughts? (Also looking for more ideas)

Pepper_coco's Avatar Pepper_coco7/23/14 6:14 pm
1 emeralds 180
Hello, so i'm hoping/planning to get back into server owning soon and i'm here looking for good ideas to start a server on! I'm an experienced server owner (as you can tell by looking at my past servers on my profile) and I do enjoy owning and managing them. At this point i'm looking for a server idea that will provide much more longevity, as my previous servers, while successful to begin with, ended up dieing out after about 5-6 months. So as I said if you have ideas please do post them below, whether big or small, or maybe just ideas you would like to see in a server!

My idea goes as follows:
The server is based around pvp/pve and I would say could fit under an adventure-type server, but not exactly an "RPG Server." The basic idea is to level up either through some open world exploration doing simple quests found around the map (no generalized story), killing mobs, finding 1 time loot chests, and killing world bosses. I do not plan on the map being huge, rather actually fairly small, so it's easy to navigate and not very confusing. There's also 2 other ways of leveling up: team pvp & team pve. Team pvp would consists of small teams of players battling it out on a pvp map, each kill rewarding experience, and for the winning team tokens that can be used to purchase end game armour/weapons. Team pve would be arenas (similar to mob-arenas, although you get to use your own armour and weapons, waves are set up differently) and pre-set dungeons, with a difficult boss at the end who will also drop an item that can be of use to you, or tokens similar to the ones you receive from team pvp matches. The final leg to this server is the survival world - similar to regular minecraft survival worlds. The difference is the world is more of a custom made map, and mobs are significantly harder to kill. Although this final leg isn't all thought out yet on how it'll work, that's the basic idea for the server!

Anyways as stated before please drop your server ideas by, let me know what you think about my idea, and any other thoughts/concerns you have!
Pepper_coco
Level 25 : Expert Pirate