MCPE Server (Suggestions & Opinions)

ChrisTheKin9's Avatar ChrisTheKin92/28/16 3:26 pm
1 emeralds 689 2
2/28/2016 6:30 pm
Jennifishie's Avatar Jennifishie
Hey everyone!,

I've been recently debating on whether I should start and run a Minecraft server again. For those who don't know me, I use to run and manage my own Minecraft server on PC. Myself was the creator and owner of the OverPlayedMC server on PC, roughly from 2012, right up until some time in the beginning of 2015.

As the years went on, I gained experience with running Minecraft server(s) and built the knowledge I now know in order to, manage and configure plugins. I also know how to setup groups, permissions and any other priorities that are necessary in properly managing a Minecraft server. Let's just say that I like to set up and create server(s) that are not just some generic, average joe server!

Now with me being completely new within the whole Pocket Edition side of things for Minecraft...lol! So what's popular that everyone, mainly likes out of an MCPE server? How does everyone feel about a good ol' PC classic survival server implemented to PE, with a bunch of plugins and other cool features? Please feel free to share your thoughts and opinions with me because I'd love to hear them.

Please do NOT feel obligated or feel afraid, to where you feel, that you can't share any of your ideas or suggestions. I'm looking into renting something decent, most likely it will be a server through a hosting company (any suggestions on a good host?). The server will roughly be between, 4GB and 6GB of dedicated RAM. The player slot count will be somewhere, between 75 and 100 players max!

Oh!...and so I don't forget to mention, I'm an okay builder in my opinion. I love to use a mixture of slabs and stairs in all of my builds, no matter what...lol! They're great for making detail and creating other kind of shapes and designs. Using groups such as ranks with a tag and color has always been a huge addition to any server, that I was managing.

Groups and permissions will work in a timely manner, this will begin from the very first second, a player joins the server...NOT actual playing time. After a certain amount of days, weeks, months etc. The specific player, would now be able to apply on the website for the next rank prior to the o e they currently have. The player would also have to meet all the requirements, in order to be approved for it.

Economy has always been a popular feature and a main plugin on any server I would start. Being able to create Admin Shops for the server and allowing players to sell and buy from other players, has always been a must have on any Minecraft server in my opinion. Economy with Shops is must, who else would agree with me?

To top it all off, adding some sort of voting plugin to implement Economy, is such a good source to get the server some recognition. Plus if you think about it, it works out great on both ends of the stick...lol! On one side, the server gets its votes, some recognition and on the other side, the players get some in-game rewards such as money and other valuable goodies! .

Safety is first on any server that I start and create. Privacy on my server, website etc. is taken seriously, and everyone should act responsible enough, not to give out any important information such as credit card numbers, etc. Protection such as chest protection and being able to claim land would be an added feature as well. I'd like to see everyone having fun on the server, getting along with one another...hopefully!

PvP would also be allowed and enabled on the server but only in PvP, located areas such as PvP Arena(s), Skywars, Hunger Games and anything related to PvP and having to kill other players for rewards and other purposes. Killing players and attacking them for no reason isn't, the kinda server I had in mind. PvP to some extent but mainly a PvE, family-friendly (server) environment. Disrespect of any kind, would and will NOT be tolerated.

Now for the fun part...Mini-Games...yay!!! I have always been a huge fan and this feature has always been one of my favorite things to have on a Minecraft server. My old server had SkyBlock, Spleef, Paintball, Survival Games, Skyward and many others. I got the knowledge and experience on how to configure them to my liking. Building PvP Arena(s) and other project builds related to Mini-Games, is the best part to me!

The community would have a 10 to 20 slot TeamSpeak3 server to start off with. There would also be an official website with its own domain name as well. Everything would be well put together and you be able to tell that someone took their time, putting things together to run and look presentable.

The only thing I'm currently afraid of is, not knowing what the MCPE community wants out of a good, multiplayer server. So far by the looks of things, it seems like the MCPE community is more drawn and focused on, the Mini-Game PE servers such as LifeBoat and DestinyCraftPE. I also noticed that the PvP and Faction servers, such as PigRaid is what everyone is getting into these days.

Does anyone agree or disagree with any of my ideas or server opinions, that I have mentioned so far? Please don't feel or be afraid to state your opinion(s). I would really like to get ideas and suggestions from other people, around the community. Believe me or not, this actually helps me, to get an idea on what the majority of people are interested in.

So...step on up to the spotlight and share your thoughts and suggestions with me. All comments are welcomed and highly appreciated by myself...me! There are no right or wrong ideas or opinions. We as people and Minecraft lovers, we are all entitled to our own opinions. So whether or not you decide to share your thoughts, please be respectful to the people that do...thank you!

What is everyone looking for in a Minecraft PE server and community? What would make a great MCPE server...any thoughts? Share your ideas with me now, I'd really like to hear them...cheers!

-TwiztidMonkey
ChrisTheKin9
Level 1 : New Network