New to minecraft, should I get on console?

Prowl33's Avatar Prowl3312/31/17 7:01 pm
1 emeralds 174 1
1/4/2018 12:55 pm
ShelLuser's Avatar ShelLuser
Hi, I'm an old-school gamer that hasn't really gamed in a while (PC gamer from like '94 through '06) and consoles from regular nintendo through my Xbox one.

My kids have been playing minecraft on the Wii u which I know is a very vanilla version. I also understand that the better together update is going through some major growing pains in its infancy...

With all of that being said, if I get minecraft on the Xbox one, am I going to get a similar experience that the pc gets when it comes to all the cool mods and minigames people have made, texture packs, etc... especially free stuff, I don't want to pay for everything above and beyond the core game.

Any advice or information would be great, thanks!
Prowl33
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

01/04/2018 12:55 pm
Level 57 : Grandmaster Engineer
ShelLuser
Disclaimer: I don't play Minecraft on the console, so keep that in mind when reading my comment.

Despite the above I do think it's fair to say that the PE ("console") versions were build against monetizing. For example: market places exist there which are non-existent on the regular Java edition. Basically: you can't easily add something to your console as you can with the Java edition, nor is it very easy to actually create contents for that platform yourself.

Just think about it: if you use a graphical editor to make a skin, then how are you going to upload that onto your console? Generally speaking you can't, most consoles will only accept specific file types and once they discover your png file (skin file) then it's most likely going to be treated as a picture which you can copy to your picture collection, but not as a skin for Minecraft.

So if you want to have the ability to use free contents then I think you shouldn't bother yourself with a console edition, but instead get yourself the Java edition.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome