How do i make a new crop datapack?

Qtw's Avatar Qtw12/3/19 3:08 pm
1 emeralds 220 3
12/5/2019 12:18 am
HoboMaggot's Avatar HoboMaggot
firstly. i've never made anything other than a crafting datapack for personal use...
but i have reverse engineered mods from other games to learn how to make mods for those games.
(never made anything with those mods...i just used em to learn how to make my own original mods from scratch.)

but i cannot for the life of me figure out Minecraft datapacks...i even had to use a tool to make the crafting ones.

i'd love to make a few farming datapacks as a starting point. but i cannot figure it out.

could someone make a basic template with basic tutorials inside on how it works, so i can learn how to do it?
of course credit will be given where credit is due.
Qtw
Level 21 : Expert Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

12/04/2019 6:42 amhistory
Level 52 : Grandmaster Blob
HoboMaggot
Firstly: Do you know how to use minecraft command blocking? Datapacks are literally files with command block code in it. When you use functions, that code is called.

Treat datapacks as command blocks without any form of redstone as well (That means you need to make redstone gates like AND/OR inside the function).

You really need simple knowledge of how to make mcfunction files and call them with load.json and tick.json, as well as folder placement and just filling out the pack.mcmeta.
I think this is a good guide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KPSfx3xSkY cus CloudWolf is a reputable command blocker
12/04/2019 11:23 am
Level 21 : Expert Miner
Qtw
shoot...i can't figure out redstone stuff...
maybe,datapacks arent for me...

well...maybe in the future, if Mojang makes it easier to make mods rather than datapacks...i can just make a mod with a toolkit.
still might as well check the vid out later. might be easier than i think... but somehow i doubt it.
12/05/2019 12:18 am
Level 52 : Grandmaster Blob
HoboMaggot
I mean, redstone isn't needed but because datapacks are pretty portable, you have to treat it like a program. So basically a small background in coding should suffice
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome