Idea for a roleplaying datapack. an in game religion pack.

Qtw's Avatar Qtw12/11/22 1:53 pm
1 emeralds 70
I don't mean like a real world religion.

i mean a religion like gods in the game that provide blessings and curses based on how you worship or spite them.

for example god A likes burnt offerings of a specific item, make a shrine with a fire burning and toss it in.

god B likes rituals of dancing so twerk (or sneak repeatedly) in front of a shrine.

something like that.

it should be more of an example pack so it can be customized for servers and singleplayer.

possible options could include

a favor system, to tell which gods like or dislike you,

rival gods that do not like each other and gain dislike worshiping the other, or favor for spiting their rival.

allied gods that gain slight favor for worshiping their ally and slight dislike for spiting their ally.

sacred/prefered animals to a god for either a sacrifice OR to treated well.
an example of this would be either putting a pig in a burning altar as a burnt offering, or giving a panda a treat and never harming them.

also for it to be easier to make and/or install, don't make the gods appear as mobs or anything,
just have them be scripts that fire off based on what you do. rather than NPCs/mobs.

as i have stated PLEASE make it an example pack and allow others to use it to make their own minecraft religions for both servers and singleplayer datapack uploads.
Qtw
Level 21 : Expert Miner