Need Help Editing Datapack - Assigning Entities to Players

y1nny's Avatar y1nny8/19/22 7:37 pm history
1 emeralds 40
Hi all,

I'm relatively new to minecraft commands. I understand how to use scoreboards and timers and stuff like that but I've never gotten into the more advanced stuff like creating a sailable ship out of falling blocks. I found a datapack that does just that (just search "sailable" and it's the only one that pops up) and it only allows for a single ship at any one time, since there's no built-in way to differentiate between multiple ships. Spawn a second ship and the first one despawns.

My question is: is there any way to make it so that each player gets one of their own ships? I can't figure out a way to have all of the ship pieces (which are falling blocks attached to armorstands, I believe) have some sort of identity that designates them as belonging to a single player, so that if one player spawns or despawns a ship, every other player's ship remains unaffected.

This isn't specific to the sailable ship datapack. I also tried making a "transformation" datapack where mobs would tp to invisible players, making it seem like the player controlled the mob, but I couldn't figure out how to keep each mob attached to exactly one specific player. Players who ran into each other would inevitably lose their controlled mob because that mob would start teleporting to the "nearest" player... which wasn't the original player anymore.

I know I probably wasn't super clear but I'm not sure how better to explain what I'm trying to figure out. Any input is appreciated.
y1nny
Level 1 : New Miner