"Water World" - A World of Huge Oceans and Small Islands

Rainbeau_Flambe's Avatar Rainbeau_Flambe9/7/22 6:01 pm
2 emeralds 57
It took over a month of working, reworking, testing, and tweaking, but I've finally released a 1.19 update of my old 1.16 "Water World" data pack.

It creates a dimension of deep oceans - sea level isn't actually changed, but the floor of the deep ocean trenches that wind throughout the world is much lower than the floor of vanilla's deep oceans - full of varied islands. Many of the islands are rather small, but others are larger, hosting steep hills or mountains, or even dormant volcanos within which you can find nether-like terrain. But even on the largest islands, you'll never find yourself far from the nearest ocean.

If you want a version that simply replaces the overworld: Water World (Overworld Replacement Version).

If you prefer a version that requires you to access the new dimension via specialized portals: Water World (New Dimension Version).

Feedback is welcome, especially as regards things I can do to make the oceans more interesting and dangerous, whether they be things I can specifically add, or other data packs I can try to make sure are compatible with this one. :)
Rainbeau_Flambe
Level 58 : Grandmaster Terraformer