Minecraft survival

AGTRigorMortis's Avatar AGTRigorMortis12/6/22 7:58 am
4 emeralds 78
I happen to agree with Whitelight's suggestion on Youtube to add in different variants of survival mode for reasons I am about to give here

While it is true that survival mode should cater to people who want more challenges added to the game and may want things like more advanced mob AI, ores to be made rarer or harder to find, more environmental hazards and for enchantments to be nerfed and things like that.

The problem is not everyone plays survival mode for the same reasons as everybody else does, and may not consider themselves "professional gamers",
but rather just casual and want a chill game to play with and socialize with friends in multiplayer to build up fictional communities and cities with each other with the resources they had collected.

Mojang apparently also spend time nerfing every farm under the sun, alienating a community that likes to do builds in survival mode and may need these farmable resources to do this within a reasonable amount of time as resources that generate naturally do not plug the hole for them.

and there are condescending attitudes from other people in the community who suggest things along the lines of "just use mods" or "go play in creative mode". What if players do not want to do any of these things and want to do it in survival mode without cheats on? sometimes people build farms because they need them for the projects they work on, not because they wish to be too OP and not have any hazards to worry about.

and the monotonous tasks of strip mining, seeking out dungeons and nether fortresses can annoy some people.

I do think there should be a legit option left in the game for industrialization and automation,
especially for people who like to create machines with redstone.

This is a sandbox is it not? then that entails all of what I said here, that
the game should cater to different styles of play even in survival mode,
some people find creative mode and peaceful difficulty too boring btw, with no hostile mobs
certain items are unavailable in the game such as the Phantom membranes which means a missing ingredient
for potion of slow falling. Without blaze rods you're not even getting to the potion brewing stage making crafting potions not an option.

Creative mode hands people unlimited resources for doing absolutely nothing, no farms are needed
or any complicated redstone contraption, creative mode makes builds like these redundant and pointless.

So it is entirely flawed to suggest people who are build style players in survival should just go play creative or use mods,
because if those people wanted to play in those modes, don't you think they would have? it's clear they do not want
to be playing Minecraft in that way because it removes a vital feature from them.
AGTRigorMortis
Level 11 : Journeyman Miner