Server ideas & server give away!

samsor10's Avatar samsor109/20/14 12:47 pm
1 emeralds 367
I posted a blog about this and it isn't getting enough attention :/ so I just copy pasted the blog on the forums here, if you wish to aply for the server giveaway please do it on the blog post: http://www.planetminecraft.com/blog/ser ... give-away/
But you can still post it here, I will regularly check for no posts, so here it is:

I could start this blog with a good intro to keep your atention and review my blog for grammer mistackes but eh.... this will do
So, I worked on a server for about 1-2 month with my best friend and my cousin and we had an original server idea, actualy we had a couple. We were planning on releasing the server and once it gets popular enough (if it ever did) we had other ideas for a hub. Sadly, the server was very long to make and after 2 years of minecraft, we all got bored of it before we completed the server.

But after trying out new video games, I thought about it and realized, I played minecraft for 2 years, it took me 2 years to get bored. Other then mc I haven't played any game for more then a year. I could remember how happy I was whenever I saw a new or orignal server, and thought it kinda sucked to leave the comunity with out publishing the server. So I decided that before I leave for good I would give out my server and all my server ideas.

So to start off, my "unique" server idea is rather simple, and not completely unique. Back in minecraft 1.4 or 1.3? or maybe even 1.2, dont quite remember :p there was this unique server called arcania, The server was an rpg, you would gain no perks and spells as you rank up, which was completed by completing dungeons. Thats the main idea pretty much :p But the problem was, you started in a dungeon, which was CRAZY hard, the only reason I managed to complete it is because someone showed me how. After a year of mc, I got good with minecraft server and tried to make my own version of "arcania"

So, here what the server is, it has ranks which are completed by completing "rank dungeons", for exemple to achieve the knight rank, you would need to complete the "knight dungeon". It also had factions & evebs (don't need to explain that), and a parkour lobby (10 parkour courses). Each of them would give you exp levels depending on the dificulty (10-60) which is actualy (10-30) with one being practicialy impossible :p. The dungeons are cleverly done using command blocks, scoreboards, redstone and a few plugins. So if you are unfimiliar or not good with thoses, I'm sorry but this server isn't for you Luckaly I have more server ideas

Ok, now that you know what my server is/was, time to give the other server ideas, not this will be as short and informative as possible

Harvest craft:
Now thoses that have been playing mc for a long time might remember this server from 1.4, The idea is simple, everyone is in a plotme world, and when you start off with 750$ you only have enough money to buy sand, sugar canes and cactus, as you harvest crops and sell them, you will get richer and be able to buy better and better crops, until you reach trees and will be able to start building a house and stuff... The original server also made it so you could have animals which was quite interesting ^-^ They also had a contest which at the end of each month the top 3 richest players would get a prize. This server is quite easy to make, all you need is to build a spawn and a shop, and be able to manage plugins and permisions.

Gladiator craft (terrible name xD):
So basicaly you would start off with just a wooden sword, You could ether do pve matchs which would be you against monsters, which would give minimal money at no risk though or pvp matchs which would costs stakes but give you more money if you win the match. With the money you could buy better gear and enchant your gear... pretty straight foward... I was really vague on this one, so depending on how you want to make the server what you need to know will vary, but you should know edleast how to manage plugins and use perms...

Builder craft (wow this one is even worse then the one before):
If any of you have played the classic minecraft of "0.30" version, you will allready be familiar with this. Basicaly, its a creative server with plots. You start off, with one plot and have only creative mode, to rank up and achieve more commands ( mostly world edit commands) you most build stuff and get evaluated (probably by staff) depending on the quality of the build they willl give you a amount of money, and with this money you could buy the next rank pretty straight foward... The problem is, someone could get evaluated and wait for you to get off and just get evaluated again to get free money, but obviously, I wouldnt have pointed this out if I didn't have the solution .-. So you would need to modify the plots, so they each had a chest were the player would not have acces to it, each time you evaluate something you would write it in a book, briefely describe the building and say how much you payed him and put it back in teh chest. So this server would most likely be quite hard to make, since you would have to put limits on the world edit commands by rank, since you wouldnt want a random player that has just been playing for a week be spawning in 100k blocks and making you crash just for fun .-. And you also need to know how to modify the plot me world map.

So thats about it, I gave you guys 4 server ideas, I will finish off with the app that you guys need to do if you want to have a chance to win my server! I will be giving out the server to whom I think will do the best with it.

Note you will need to answer this test in the forum, since anyone can say "yes I know how to use scoreboards" but it's not anyone that can get the right answers. Just write the answers in the forum like this for exemple (a,b,c...)

Question #1: Do you need a plugin to use scoreboards?
a) yes
b) no
c) How the hell would I know?

Question #2: What command line would I use with a cmd block to verify if the nearest person has maximum score of 9 for "dummy"?

a) testfor @n [score_dummy=9]
b) testfor @n(score_dummy=-9)
c)testfor @p [score_dummy=9]
d) I thought minecraft was just about blocks D:

Question #3: In what folder would I place a plugin jar to use it on my server?
a) in the plugin folder... DUH
b) in the extensions folder... DUH
c)On the desktop.... DUH

just copy paste this form:

Name:
IGN:
Test answers:
How good am I with redstone (1-10):
How good am I with plugin management(1-10):
Why do I want to have the server:
Why I would be better then others with the server:
Any past experience: