Should I cancel my Server?

iiLevelMaker_YT's Avatar iiLevelMaker_YT9/19/17 12:37 pm
1 emeralds 155 7
9/19/2017 7:17 pm
craftergurl's Avatar craftergurl
I have worked on my server really hard, like for 1 Year now. No joke. And I have tried to advertise it on PlanetMinecraft (here) and on minecraftservers and I have waited and waited, but no one has joined my server. I just got 1 Player and he left like 5 minutes after he joined.
Now there is no players playing on my server, and I'm thinking it is just a waste to spend $9.99 per month on a server nobody plays on.

So I have a thought that I should cancel my server. But Idk, if you have some tips for me about getting players to join please post it.

I really don't want to cancel my server, but I can't just waste money on a server nobody plays on.
And my spawn is really good built.
iiLevelMaker_YT
Level 1 : New Network

Create an account or sign in to comment.

09/19/2017 7:16 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Princess
craftergurl
It took me a while to get players on my server too but they did come and now there are many. First I got a free engin website. If you offer players the latest things they will be ghappy so offer what players want. For example: If you have a survival server and no one comes then try running a creative server or skyblocks etc. It takes time don't give up yet without trying different ways to get players. One more thing that you can do is find a similar small server that is working good and copy what they have done correct and learn from what they could have done better. Play on the other server for a while and see how they do staff promotions to loyal staff. That is a good way to learn how to get and keep players. Also don't op new players just to keep them.
09/19/2017 2:38 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
rteder
It is getting increasingly difficult to run a Minecraft server. We tried a desktop server for a bit and never got above 300 players, despite having 30K players in our PE version. It might make more sense to join forces with someone. Either way, good luck!
09/19/2017 1:54 pm
alshex288
want to bungeecord with my server???
09/19/2017 1:54 pm
alshex288
Level I have a great idea
09/19/2017 1:10 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Modder
ASHninja97
If you want more players to join your server make it unique. Build your own spawn with a unique theme. You have to bring something different to the table either through maps or plugins or a combination of both. Bumping your submission every day and being logged on your server while you bump it helps, but the best way to attract a player is to have a professional post/submission with a good description and pictures along with a good banner.
09/19/2017 7:17 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Princess
craftergurl
great suggestions!
09/19/2017 12:58 pm
Level 80 : Elite Artist
Schmueles
You not just make server. Massive and expensive advertisement of server plays the main role in its life. That is not that easy as you maybe thought. Even advertising wont help much if your server has no original theme, content, mini-games, because people rather go on more popular servers.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome