Video Making Equipment: Whatever get's the job done.

InvisibleFlame's Avatar InvisibleFlame9/14/14 3:58 am
1 emeralds 237
Hey guys,

I stumbled on an Q & A article by Direwolf20 (a big name youtuber known for his mod spotlights for those who don't know). He happens to be one of my favorite youtubers actually. But anyway, one of his answers to a question popped out at me because this relates to a position I've said in past debates about equipment. Basically I figure that if you can't make a watchable video with cheap/free equipment, than you can't make that good of a video with expensive professional equipment. Also that when you're starting out, there's no need to get stressed about quality equipment when you are just learning and figuring out if making videos is what you want to do in the first place.

But I'm not hear to open up debates about it. I don't care what you do for equipment! I did find it interesting to learn though that here is a big youtuber who uses Windows Movie Maker. And I hate Movie maker lots of times and it makes me want to pull my hear out sometimes. But it's so simple to use and it's easy to get on and just get the video done. It makes effective videos for general purposes.

Where was this going.....who so here's the link where he he's asked what he uses for equipment and states that he uses fraps and movie maker: http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/ar ... -amaa-post

Now I know 'it doesn't hurt' to have good equipment. Especially good audio!

My point was more directed at the kids who think "buying all this gear is the professional way to do youtube". It's not a real business though and should not be motivated by money but as a fun hobby that you do your best at it also. The money is only a surprise cherry on top of the fun ...later potentially but not likely.

So bottom line is I wanted to show this to some of you who may have been confused of 'do I need to get all this fancy software to do youtube? And I want to point out look at even a big youtuber get's by with less! I think the feeling of needing high end gear is a distraction from the real skill involved in video making: the ability to commentate and the craft of video-editing.

That is all!

-peace!
InvisibleFlame
Level 35 : Artisan Artist