What do you want in a RPG Survival Minecraft Server?

DubstepRod's Avatar DubstepRod5/11/19 2:52 pm
1 emeralds 111
Hello, my name is DubstepRod! I have made some RPG Survival Minecraft servers before but they were not up for more than a few months. I have been working on another RPG Survival Minecraft server unlike any other for a few years now, hoping to release it for players to enjoy soon.

I have been working on tons of features before release the server, here is what i have at the moment:

- RPG Stats; HP, AP (Arcana Power / Ability Points), Attack, Magic, Defense, Crit Chance, Crit Damage, Dodge Chance, Guard Chance, Infiltration Chance.
- RPG Elements and elemental cycle; Fire, Water, Thunder, Earth, Light, Dark. (Fire is strong against Earth and weak against Water, for example)
- Unique Claim / Claim Raid System Unlike any other; Players can claim chunks, and those chunks produce resources for the players over time and protect their builds (for the most part). However, players can also raid other players chunks by defeating their claim guard (a mob that spawns in to attack the player raiding), and if the claim guard is defeated, the raider gets access to grief 5-10 blocks in the raided claim (can't grief chests or storage blocks). So if you placed some diamond blocks in your claim, and it successfully gets raided, you might lose a few of those blocks! Raiding a claim will also take its resource production. If you get raided so often without healing your claims (inactive players for example), the claim eventually gets unclaimed for others to take. There will never be a worry about inactive player claims!
- Zone Claims: Get access to create zone claims, which allows you to make a city like area that can't be raided by other players, and were enemies will not spawn in.
- Custom Enemies: Tons of different custom enemies that spawn around the world, with different elements, move sets, stats, names, and drop tables!
- Skills: Skills for both players and enemies alike; tons of different skills with different click combinations to activate them! Use skills often to win battles.
- Combat Level: Kill enemies to gain combat experience to increase your level, increasing your stats and power to wield stronger weapons.
- Weapon Levels: Use weapons and armor in battle and kill enemies to gain experience to your usable weapons and armor. Increase their levels and they will become stronger and unleash new and upgraded versions of skills!
- Many Weapons and Armor: Many different kinds of weapons (daggers, swords, spears, staffs, shields, bows) in all 6 elements to collect and wield in battle, all with their own type of skill sets. Collect them and switch them out when necessary to win battles.
- Shield: Gain a shield from armor to increase your resistance in battle and stay alive longer.
- Guard: Guard against enemy attacks to half the damage. Time your guards correctly and you can outsmart the enemy!
- Battles: Mobs spawn around the world in a smart way. You will be notified if a battle will occur some by something called a "threat". If you sneak, or go near a light source, such as a torch, the threat will go away. But, if you wait a few seconds, the battle will commence, and mobs will spawn in from a portal, ready to look for you!
- Events around the world: Explore the world and find chunks with running events in them, such as the hidden treasure event, where you must mine blocks in that chunk for a chance to find a treasure with a new weapon or armor for you to use!
- The best menu system out there: A menu GUI that will let you do absolutely everything you need, such as check your equipments skills and effects, your overview of stats, elements, levels, balances, collection of items and chests, all the informations of your claims, everything necessary and available in the server.
- HUD: The scoreboard / side display will be used as a Heads Up Display, which can display current effects, armor skill cooldowns, or even set up /GPS to turn on GPS mode and view nearby claims, their claim info, and chunk events, easily while exploring the world so you don't miss a thing!
- 3D Elemental Weapons (Work In Progress): All elemental weapons will have their own 3D Texture. This is still being worked on.
- Battle Music: Some battle music when fighting or winning fights, to make the experience more fun.
- Amazing Particle Effects: Tons of different particle effects when your Shield is active, when Guarding, when preparing to activate a skill, when activating a skill, when using a skill on enemies, when an enemy spawns in, when an enemy dies, and when there are active buffs on either you or the enemy monster.
- Unbreakable Items: Tools, Weapons, and Armor will not degrade or break, because nobody likes having to continuously find or make new items, especially after using and leveling up those items for a while. There is still, ofcourse, a point to having lots of different weapons and armor, for different setups in battles.

TLDR; I am making this post to seek feedback to what kind of features players would want in a Minecraft RPG Server. This server takes inspiration from many fantasy related games (Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Brave Frontier, for some examples)
If you have any questions about how some of my current features work, you may also ask. Thanks!
DubstepRod
Level 10 : Journeyman Warrior