Why do you think Minigames over took Custom maps?

SlowMelonz's Avatar SlowMelonz3/31/14 5:30 pm
1 emeralds 248 5
3/31/2014 6:16 pm
Amsarian's Avatar Amsarian
So im a fan of a good custom map played by some good youtubers, However that doesnt seem to be the case anymore. Minigames are great an all, but they dont give the same excitement for me. I mean you can go on google and type in minigame server and your get hundreds, if not thousands but when custom maps is typed in occasionally you may find a new one, why do you think this is?
SlowMelonz
Level 2 : Apprentice Explorer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

03/31/2014 6:16 pm
Level 26 : Expert Nerd
Amsarian
I think that it's because the custom maps started becoming too repetitive. There are always copies of more famous maps or ones that are strangely similar to others. Mini-games are less easy to copy and subsequently steal, so not only is it easier to sift through them and find the good ones, there aren't hundreds of the same type.

And they're fast to complete and pretty much contain what it says on the tin, so what more could be asked for?
03/31/2014 6:07 pm
Level 29 : Expert Narwhal
DuvPlaton125
Nevin
SlowMelonzSo im a fan of a good custom map played by some good youtubers, However that doesnt seem to be the case anymore. Minigames are great an all, but they dont give the same excitement for me. I mean you can go on google and type in minigame server and your get hundreds, if not thousands but when custom maps is typed in occasionally you may find a new one, why do you think this is?

Big Youtubers follow money. If all these mini game lovers wanted to bath in poop the youtubers would make it happen, supply and demand. That's why they all post up videos within the same time frames everyday... If they are not on a trip to the beach that week

So true! Finally found someone who thinks the same as me! The only you tuber I like now is TheGamingLemon!
03/31/2014 5:54 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Pokemon
Nevin
SlowMelonzSo im a fan of a good custom map played by some good youtubers, However that doesnt seem to be the case anymore. Minigames are great an all, but they dont give the same excitement for me. I mean you can go on google and type in minigame server and your get hundreds, if not thousands but when custom maps is typed in occasionally you may find a new one, why do you think this is?

Big Youtubers follow money. If all these mini game lovers wanted to bath in poop the youtubers would make it happen, supply and demand. That's why they all post up videos within the same time frames everyday... If they are not on a trip to the beach that week
03/31/2014 5:47 pm
Level 28 : Expert Nerd
GlissandoGirl
Minigames are fast, good for people who may not want to sit down and play a custom map. Also, minigames are probably easier to make. (though I have no knowledge of how to make either, so don't quote me on that)
03/31/2014 5:41 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Hunter
Gatthekid
I think it's because youtubers are starting to do more minigames than custom maps. I agree with you though, I would prefer to play a map than a minigame (depending on what map and minigame, that is).
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome