Anyone want to start a server?

couljj's Avatar couljj1/27/12 10:24 pm
1/29/2012 9:48 pm
Goldenseek's Avatar Goldenseek
Hey guys, I bought a server recently for a small time plugin test and now I have no idea what to do with it. Im also looking for someone help run and develop the server with me as a Co-Admin. If you submit a really good idea that would help the server become pretty successful I would love to work with you and create this server. Theres just a simple application Id like you guys to fill out.

IGN:

Please provide in-depth detail to your application, the longer the better.

Thanks for looking at this post and Im looking forward to starting a server with one of you guys.

I am starting the server with Kizla. The idea of a prison server seemed very well thought out and is fairly original. For anyone that wants to join this server, subscribe. That way you will be notified when the server is released to the public.
couljj
Level 56 : Grandmaster Goblin

Create an account or sign in to comment.

01/29/2012 9:48 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Nether Knight
Goldenseek
IGN: Goldenseek
Idea: Some sort of city RP

I think starting a server is a great idea!
01/29/2012 9:39 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
minerkinget
My IGN: Mryankees13
My Idea: I would basically be good with any server. I think factions are the best, though, although towny is good and I would be open to any other kind of server. I have also had some experience, being a mod on a server called Honorcraft, even though to the best of
my knowledge it shut down. I can also figure out how to install lots of plugins on the server and will be fair to the other players. Thank you for reading and considering my application.
01/29/2012 9:34 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Spider Rider
MrMacMiller
Kiz can i help ? D:
01/29/2012 9:33 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Hunter
Kizla
Couljj and I are currently working on the server. Check back for updates and we'll hopefully be out soon!
01/29/2012 6:57 pm
HD immortal
cani help it looks like fun
IGN Immortal_HD
01/29/2012 4:42 pm
Level 25 : Expert Dragonborn
brick56
IGN:brick56
Idea: My idea is to have an all out greek theme with temples and giant castles with statues of the gods and stuff.I think this would make your server epic because it is very original and has never been seen before. Plus if u do this the server will get built up fast because greek temples are pretty universal and almost everyone knows wat they look like so everyone can contribute to the builds. I hope u like my idea. THx for reading.
01/29/2012 9:48 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Nether Knight
Goldenseek
hey brick I quit playing on Tommy's server
01/29/2012 4:40 pm
XxZeroXeroxX
IGN:Talestnine8
Idea: do a yogscast type thing and do a red mist video.
01/29/2012 4:39 pm
XxZeroXeroxX
Im a graphic designer and im looking for a server to build on anyone wanna help a brother out, im a good builder i will show you some of my work.
01/29/2012 4:36 pm
baymer1
IGN:baymer1
Idea:Prison just like you said man, If i was a co-admin i would want to be the main prison guard, head guy under the owner of the jail.
I know i seem young but i can be mature when needed!
Thanks
01/29/2012 2:37 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Miner
homerunhole
IGN:homerunhole
Idea: I see that you like the whole 'jail' like server idea, and so do i. But I think that factions servers seem to be the more popular servers these days, and that they also seem to be the more fun ones. Also a lot of the servers get to the front page of PMC because they promise something that they will be granted in game, such as, "Vote for us on Planet Minecraft And Receive 10000 dollars!"
Now that also brings me to the next part of my idea, iconomy. Which i think is a WONDERFUL plug-in because it makes players look at things differently, and helps them get better prepared. Like for instance each player spawns with 5,000 dollars to buy one or multiple tools. And there would also be a spawn shop which would kind of be the main hub for buying and selling goods.
On to my next idea which is the Heroes plug-in, which i fell makes factions more 'interesting' because it makes the members of a faction or groups have to choose one main item they can use. Such as the bow, pickaxe, sword, axe, etc.
Another good plug-in which would go to donators or higher would be the Mob Disguise mod, and if you are not familiar with this mod it allows players to turn themselves into a mob, or player. But now your probably thinking, "That would be easily abused if players could turn into other players." But if i'm not mistaken you could go through the permissions and make it so that only admins and higher could convert themselves into another player.
And speaking of mobs we could also add mob areana which i have found has made servers pretty popular and fun.

If you didn't like my server ideas that's fine, i just hope i'll at least be able to play on your server. Whatever the genre
01/29/2012 2:32 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Dragon
Sean7Stirrup
would you mind if i asked where u bought the server from
01/29/2012 4:26 pm
couljj
VeloxServers
01/29/2012 2:27 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Farmer
MinecraftCain
IGN: MinecraftCain
Idea: i was thinking the same of Hallowgaurd i think its grate and a prison who griefs and disobey the RULES
01/29/2012 2:23 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Dragon
Sean7Stirrup
*Start Of What Happens In A Scene

IGN:Sean7Stirrup
Idea:its just a peaceful town...

Until When One Man Stumbles Across An Ancient town Secret That The was Once a Scroll (paper) That Made Everyone mad and they banished it unknown the powers they leave buried under the city this was found when the city was overrun by Dragons (if a possible mod is available) This Scroll was uncovered where this man would destroy everything in his path *Part1 The Heroes here roomers about it and go digging to only find zombies, spiders, and creepers but soon they meet an old wise man* who tells them he was buried as an emperor and left within his tomb *part 2 when the heroes discover that the scroll is missing they go hunting for a man named Viper* he tells them about the bandits that went hunting and stole it the group was called the golden hands *Part 3 once they eliminate the golden hand they discover the scroll now they must find an appraiser who can decipher the scroll* after the meet him he discovers the power of fire and tries to burn down all cities and make all his slaves *Last Part The Heroes Have One Last Fight On The Hands To Kill The Man With The Scroll* After All They Bury it for years to come (Maybe A sequel if u want to talk please talk on youtube or facebook youtube name: sean75stirrup Facebook: Sean Stirrup
01/29/2012 2:15 pm
deathhutch
IGN: deathutch
Idea: well i was thinking of getting a team of builders to create towns, citys and even little countrys so maybe get the faction plugin and towny wiv nations and so we can even have little towns from texus back in the cowboy era and then have a pvp area were people can fight together or against each other also i realy like to help and maybe we can record us building and then i can make it a timelapes and we can post it on utube and then get more people who can donate and you will get your money back and i like Kizla's idea as well thx for alowing to listening
01/29/2012 2:11 pm
Level 35 : Artisan Loremaster
Poke
IGN: pokemonboy100
Idea: I just wanna give an idea. Basically, it could be like a Vampires vs Humans server, both have castles each holding a King/Queen. The King/Queen can stage a war against the other Race in which all Players must go into the Battlefield and Fight. The objective is to slay the King/Queen. The second event could be a Capture the Flag type thing with Redstone being the Vampire 'Flag', and a Diamond being the Human 'Flag'.
01/29/2012 2:10 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Architect
muzzyMANmike
ign+=muzzyMANmike
age=13
idea=ppl can make watevr they want an different parts of the map cud b different like village castle island
the possabilaties r endless lol
01/29/2012 2:06 pm
Joombalo
IGN: Joombalo
Idea: Make, a quiet, little village town with a dark secret.
01/29/2012 1:54 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Miner
Kootra smells lol
IGN: justincar26
Age: 13 Idea: Okay, I will do ANYTHING to help in your server like building, killing piggies, getting meat, and kill monsters [ZAWMBIES!], make events, and be useful, if you accept me YAY! But if you don't, I do this So please accept me, I will build any piston contraptions AS well as Traps, Animal Traps, and monster traps, Can you accept me?

-Kootra smells lol

P.S
01/29/2012 1:48 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Dolphin
PhysicalMinecrafter
Sure, Im Up For It!
01/29/2012 1:42 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Robot
MechaMiner
red699
legoblob
KizlaIGN: Kizla
Idea: K well, hardcore PVP servers seem to be all the rage around these times, but i've always had this idea that ive been itching to try where all members spawn into a different cell and theres a guard side and a prisoner side. The guards give orders and the prisoners can either choose to attempt to escape and risk getting killed by a guard or actually follow the orders and go through with the game. When a prisoner escapes, the round ends and everybody returns to their cells to do another round. The prisoners who survive get like a 50 dollar bonus to buy equipment and food and such. This could be done with multiple jails throughout the server. I have a lot more ideas for the server but this is already like a paragraph long idea so yeah just PM me if you want to know anything. I'm also an admin and moderator on many different servers so I have a lot of experience running servers thoroughly so I could be a pretty helpful person on the server. Thanks.

Genius, that would be pretty sweet.
he is right that is a good idea would it be ok if i helped
That is a fantastic and original idea and I would love to help you in any way I can!
01/29/2012 1:48 am
Kizla
You got a decision yet Couljj?
01/28/2012 11:36 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Mage
TheGreatLlama
IGN:Balargard Age:16
Idea: well basicaly what Kizla said sooo yea I have nothing much to say....................
01/28/2012 11:53 pm
couljj
Thats not too original. What would make your idea different from Kizlas?
01/28/2012 11:28 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Hunter
hunterbeebe
IGN: hunterbeebe
Idea: Well this is very simple but I want multiple skyblocks and everybody gets their own
01/28/2012 11:26 pm
couljj
Great ideas guys! Keep them coming. Im going to decide within the next 24 hours. Sorry for not checking the post today, Ive been busy /:
01/28/2012 9:58 pm
Level 21 : Expert Goblin
Windows7HomePremium
IGN:Errbay
Idea:Server Stadium, many games in it, big realistic jails made of Bedrock and stonebricks, a huge spawn with many locations to visit, such as shops, warps, rules, info, mines, towns in spawn that you can build in, plots, and more. A big website filled with forums, chats, dynmap, galleries, videos, profiles, and a lot more. Many worlds, for each rank, subject, etc...

Yeahh.. if it was a private server then my list would be empty.
01/28/2012 9:51 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Architect
eliridesvw
IGN: eliridesvw
Idea: Well, I like the idea of a Survival server, Living on a big island, purely survival, Minecraft right? everyone has to survive on the island, hardcore. With building small settlements and ways to get saved of the island. Or to better their living. I've moderated on a couple server, I'm experienced. I rent my own server, I actually am building a huge viking project. Let me know, and thanks. Just looking for a steady server to have fun on!
01/28/2012 9:27 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Skinner
SeNihil
IGN:supersayincarter
Idea:a faction/survival server with lots of games like spleef mob arena and pvp arena ect.
but other than pvp arena no pvp because we don't want xrayers with diamond Armour killing everybody
01/28/2012 9:24 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Narwhal
creepertears
IGN:creepertears
idea:it should work a little like this,there are a bunch of towns around and you could choose which one you move into,owners of towns could expand,advertise,recruit guards,manage events,and kick or allow people to move in.you could also try to dominate other towns by attacking and taking the town from the owner/mayor,only way to do this is to kill him.you could also go to attack specific high ranked members of a town,therefor weakening it.if you are a mayor/high ranks person of a town and you are KILLED (this does not count if you starve,fall in lava,suffocate,or drown)you not only loose the rights to your town,but you are sent to a island where you must live alone and everywhere is PvP.to make things fair for town owners,you get a starter building kit (logs,planks,cobble,bricks,fences,stairs both stone and wooden,and 15 diamonds)and one week of protection of your town so that no one could PvP or attack the town.once you have enough a good running town (meaning you have at LEAST 25 homes,a town hall,guard training center,guard watchtower and a good wall around your town,and 20+ people living in your town)you could make your simple town into a NATION,once you have made a nation you could try to buy towns (buying towns means they give you iron,gold,diamonds,food etc for protection and other things),you could make a castle/make a huge town hall,you could expand you land into a HUGE kingdom,try to get towns to convert with your (kinda like making them and the people there move into your kingdom),you could ally with other nations or battle other nations,and have the warm feeling of success in your heart.you could keep upgrading and upgrading,once you have a GREAT nation (200+ houses,25 guard training centers,a huge town hall like 25 blocks high and 25 blocks wide at least,250+ people living there,a great wall around your kingdom,15 guard watchtowers,and two personal guards,)you could literally become a DOMINATE NATION.dominate nations could overrule little towns (you could take over them and make them support you dominate nation),you could rush into kingdoms with all your guards or warriors (warriors are people who`s main job is to attack towns and kingdoms),you could have the even warmer feeling of being dominate.dominate nations are you top of the line besides safe towns (safe towns are only made for new players to the server that have not joined a town yet,it`s safe from PvP and attacks,only a mod/admin/owners could make a safe town,players could only live at a safe town for a week unless they pay to stay (with iron).

i hope you like my idea and tell me if you want to do it or you have questions about it
01/28/2012 9:02 pm
MrMacMiller
IGN: MrMacMiller
Idea: Kizla's Idea weve worked together before.
01/28/2012 8:59 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
Bubblegumface
MAy i help to?
01/28/2012 8:55 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Explorer
Ethazoid
I would LOVE to have a server!!!!!
i posted my friends one but i want one for myself!!!!
i don't no how to make one!
please choose me!
i would make giant sky scrapers and give food and items to the people that just joined!
i would love it!!!!!!!
when life gets you down...

Punch it straight in its stupid face
01/28/2012 8:52 pm
Mrsoldier3201
ING: Mrsoldier3201

Idea: I was thinking of a hang out build whatever server just so theirs no to much time in bulding it so plz i would be honerd to host a server with someone
01/28/2012 8:50 pm
Level 1 : New Crafter
Zcreater
IGN: slider685
Idea: we make a community i love to build i enjoy it its fun to do. we could have serveral worlds 1 creative 1 survial 1 rpg people love these 3 if you like some of my ideas hit me up on skype it slider685 i also am loving the idea that kizla wrote i think that be super fun it be a fun event to do then we seperate them and they go back to the 3 diffrent worlds
01/28/2012 8:48 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Explorer
aaron1010
IGN: aaron1010
Idea: I found a really cool world on planet minecraft called Tropica Islands so if u look put that world up people will want to join. I also think that this should have a citie on each island with police, citizens, drug mobs, etc. I think it would be real cool if you added
a few plugins like townie and stuff. I can't think of anything else at the moment but you should make warps.

EDIT: http://www.planetminecraft.com/project/ ... rtal-etc-/ that is the link to the map!
01/28/2012 8:45 pm
MrMacMiller
Kizla i like your idea! how big is the server anyway?
01/28/2012 8:56 pm
Kizla
Im not sure, the thread owner is still deciding on who to pick. Eh, I was thinking that maybe we could use EDC for it?
01/28/2012 8:58 pm
MrMacMiller
if you could donate :/ i only have 8 slots
01/28/2012 8:36 pm
Kizla
Thats a good idea to the person who responded to my idea, but we only really want trusted guards because we dont want prisoner guards giving tools to prisoners or helping them escape.
01/28/2012 5:47 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Network
The_Nerdiness
IGN:ru127
Idea:make it a roleplay server nerds who love minecraft like to pretend to be wizards or whatever but dont make quests they are boring
01/28/2012 5:39 pm
Level 35 : Artisan Droid
Downn
red699
legoblob
KizlaIGN: Kizla
Idea: K well, hardcore PVP servers seem to be all the rage around these times, but i've always had this idea that ive been itching to try where all members spawn into a different cell and theres a guard side and a prisoner side. The guards give orders and the prisoners can either choose to attempt to escape and risk getting killed by a guard or actually follow the orders and go through with the game. When a prisoner escapes, the round ends and everybody returns to their cells to do another round. The prisoners who survive get like a 50 dollar bonus to buy equipment and food and such. This could be done with multiple jails throughout the server. I have a lot more ideas for the server but this is already like a paragraph long idea so yeah just PM me if you want to know anything. I'm also an admin and moderator on many different servers so I have a lot of experience running servers thoroughly so I could be a pretty helpful person on the server. Thanks.

Genius, that would be pretty sweet.
he is right that is a good idea would it be ok if i helped

I like this idea, so i will fill out the application but not with idea cause i kinda want it to be this one.
IGN: TheDownnDuo
Idea: Same as Kizla's but when you escape you get to be a guard the next round, so at least 6-10 people would have to escape. I think Kizla should be admin!
01/28/2012 5:19 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Skinner
boom1001000
IGN:boom1001000
Idea: A hardcore pvp/faction server where when you die you get banned for 2 hours or you can donate to by more lives and stuff. Also there's a shop that sells food and that stuff at spawn.
01/28/2012 5:23 pm
baza_brush
this is a good idea if your server is just trying to get money but it is bad idea cause what is the point of banning someone for dying??
the money idea is good but the rest of it is just stupid
01/28/2012 5:05 pm
baza_brush
IGN:baza_brush
Idea:My Idea Is To Have A Very Big Spawn Such As A Mansion Or A Big House I Have Done One Before By Myself It Took About 12 Hours To Build If You Want I Will Send You Some Pictures I Have Owned A Server And Have Co-Owned 2 Servers So If You Choose Me I Will Help The Server Alot
01/28/2012 5:01 pm
uberhaxornova
IGN:goldenbrand
Idea:We should make a town and shops in the town and have hotels make sculptures of the owner and co admin and when someone new joins they can have a little gift starting tools wodden and greet them and the server should have portals to transport to places like the villiage and fil up a portal room and have one last portal and it would say more portals and we could make a mansion for ownr and co admin.

hope you select me.
01/28/2012 4:28 pm
Level 1 : New Crafter
isaiahblansett
isaiahblansett

my idea is to make a big water slide a sky skraper a mine cart place. i can make any thing you want i am very good at making stuff and i am on minecraft every day so i can take a lot of time making stuff on your server i coud be a big help
01/28/2012 3:14 pm
Kizla
Couljj, have you decided on your co-owner yet?
01/28/2012 2:48 am
Level 12 : Journeyman Archer
miningpotato
IGN:miningpotato
Idea:i think you should make a that server with a free build theme but with ecomeny.
(i would be thrilled to be co-admin!)
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome