Best Ranks / Permissions Plugin for me?

Adyxia's Avatar Adyxia9/30/15 11:15 am
1 emeralds 189 1
9/30/2015 5:27 pm
PulseModeMC's Avatar PulseModeMC
Hey there!
I'm needing a bit of help getting started with my ranks.
I've got little experience with any permissions/ranks plugin, so either way I go I'm going to need to do some research
Basically, we want to create ranks (like normal) and have it so that you can either advance through the ranks via play time or by using in game money.
I had a look at GroupManager, but there seemed to be a lot of people complaining about bugs and such while using it with 1.8 Servers.
So I'd like to know what you'd recommend!
Thanks!
**EDIT**
I found a plugin called 'Autorank', which sounds along the lines of what I need.
Would anyone recommend it?
Autorank: https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/autorank.3239/
Adyxia
Level 31 : Artisan Goblin

Create an account or sign in to comment.

09/30/2015 5:27 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
PulseModeMC
Hello WhiteRawr,
I recommend a plugin called PermissionsEx. The plugin may seem confusing at first, but it's not that bad to understand. I can help you get started with the plugin. Simply download the plugin from the Bukkit website, and paste the .JAR file into your plugins folder. After you've done so, restart or reload your server (restarting is recommended because reloading can cause some severe system errors). Once you've restarted your server, go ahead and type /plugins. If you see PermissionsEx you're good to go. To create a group type in "/pex group <name of the group> create" (obviously without the quotations). To add a user to the group, run the command "/pex user <name of the user> group set <the group in which you want that user in>". You can set permissions by doing "/pex group <name of group> add <node>". You can find nodes by searching in the plugin name, for example Essentials, in google like so "Essentials Permission Nodes". To set prefixes, "/pex group <name of group> prefix "&7[&8Member&7] "". That's just an example, you may change the prefix to whatever you want. For additional help, type /pex help in the in-game chat or search up "how to use pex" on google and some helpful videos will pop-up! Good luck on your server!
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome