Block lag in minexraft! halp!

EsseoS's Avatar EsseoS1/12/16 7:52 pm
1/13/2016 5:38 pm
Leeberator's Avatar Leeberator
I have an AMD 8370D and a APU A4-6300 Dual Core CPU. 8 Gigs RAM. Minecraft uses 6 when I play and I set java to top priority and none of that has helped.

Pretty much in singleplayer (Not in mulitplayer) I lag when I fly around and its realllyyy bad. I know it lags because Im loading new chunks but I can't find a solution for my specific problem anywhere on the web.

How can stop 20-35 FPS Drops when loading chunks!!!!!

ALSO, Sometimes just looking around in single player will make me freeze for a second, none of this happens in multiplayer.

HOW I FIX? THANKS.
EsseoS
Level 15 : Journeyman Ranger

Create an account or sign in to comment.

01/13/2016 3:45 pm
EsseoS
I guess not then. pc is 64, java is 64, no server side lag, just single player. I use 4G, Hopefully the GTX fixes it. =/
01/13/2016 5:38 pm
Level 47 : Master Button Pusher
Leeberator
Don't listen to them. You won't really need a new GPU or CPU if all you're playing is vanilla (or slightly modded) Minecraft. Just allocate 2GB to Minecraft and tune the settings until you get a good 60 FPS.
01/13/2016 3:11 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Birb
Karrfis
well there is, pull out the nasty processor and stick in a new one.

as for all issues, make sure your running 64x java if your system is 64x etc, dont go over the top when allocating ram, 2gb max unless you're running a big modpack but even then watch it

if the lag is going server side as you said, make sure your connection to the server is ok and check your internet before blaming it on the computer about the multiplayer issues aswell
01/13/2016 2:58 pm
EsseoS
So no way to fix then?
01/13/2016 1:39 am
Level 5 : Apprentice Crafter
CalebTheEternal_
Yeah. The rendering would be more CPU/GPU. You really need a whole new computer.
01/12/2016 10:25 pm
EsseoS
Yea, It actually said GeForce GTX 275 SLI but this card will work just fine too. lol.

BUT, please, how can I stop single player FPS drops when rendering new chunks! Any thing I can do besides waiting for new GPU?
01/12/2016 10:33 pm
Leeberator
Don't trust Game Debate's anti-bottleneck "recommendations." For one thing, Minecraft doesn't support SLI and forcing it to use two cards results in worse performance than if it was only rendering with one.
01/12/2016 8:56 pm
EsseoS
Well, Game debate said my GPU was bottling my CPU and getting this card would fix the bottle neck....

welp. Im out of money now lol. Is there a way I can fix laggy single player rendering though?
01/12/2016 9:28 pm
CalebTheEternal_
It probably said the 750ti would bottleneck it, you don't have a dedicated GPU at the moment I don't think, so there is nothing to be bottlenecked.
01/12/2016 8:22 pm
EsseoS
Fancy leaves, no fog, no clouds, fancy grass, all particle effects except for portal effects and dripping lava and water, chunk udate thing at 3 with optifine, and Im getting a GTX 750 Ti in a few days.
01/12/2016 8:24 pm
CalebTheEternal_
It will be bottle-necked by the CPU. You need a new CPU and with that a new motherboard.
01/12/2016 8:07 pm
CalebTheEternal_
That computer is just horrible. Just get a new CPU, motherboard and a dedicated GPU. Screw it, just get a whole new computer.

Not sure how old you are and if you would be willing to build a computer. Here is one that would be half decent http://pcpartpicker.com/b/rfWXsY
01/12/2016 8:04 pm
EsseoS
I get 80-90 fps average even on mineplex, with max lighting and graphics with 8 render distance, which is all I need, but for some reason single player rendering really tanks my game like you said, And when I play minecraft, I always have every other single thing closed out. But would 4 gigs instead of 6 fix it?
01/12/2016 8:06 pm
Leeberator
Give it like 2 and see what happens. 80-90 FPS is pretty darn impressive for an A4, though. What other settings are you using?
01/12/2016 7:59 pm
Leeberator
For one thing, you shouldn't be giving Minecraft more than a gig or two of RAM if you only have 8 gigs of memory. That APU is fairly low-end and its integrated GPU shares memory with the CPU, so taking a lot of RAM away from the system and giving it to Minecraft REALLY tanks your game performance.

Even if you only allocated 1 or 2GB to Minecraft, I wouldn't expect you to get much more than 30-50 FPS.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome