Command block / scoreboard? help!

sixofwands's Avatar sixofwands3/31/14 7:32 pm
1 emeralds 372 3
4/2/2014 2:23 am
Pepijn's Avatar Pepijn
I read somewhere that there is away to set up a score board objective and a command block together to make a vanilla starter kit that players can only take once.
I'm not sure how to set this up. Anyone know?
sixofwands
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

04/02/2014 2:23 am
Level 57 : Grandmaster Cyborg
Pepijn
Need some more information here: is this for an adventure map, or are you making it for a server?

If you are talking about a server, then you are looking for a plugin (way easier to manage and it's failproof if done correctly). Command blocks are not really an option here as it's impossible to let it give the items to the right player (@p isn't failproof). That's currently the only huge flaw with command blocks, they are not able to identify each player.

If you really don't want to use plugins, you can let players push a button which will teleport them in a 1x1x3 box with a pressure plate, which will give them their items, give them a kit score (first do /scoreboard objective add kit dummy kit, then under the pressure plate set up a command block with /scoreboard players set @p kit 1) and teleport them away again after a bit delay.
You can now make this one time only if you specify the first teleport by using /tp @p[score_kit=0]. But again this is not failproof, as multiple players pushing the button at the same time will cause some trouble.

If you don't like the box idea, you can just let them push a button which will do the same as the pressure plate in the first idea, but you'll have to use @p[score_kit=0] for the /give commands now.

Again, this is not failproof for servers!
04/01/2014 10:10 am
Level 1 : New Crafter
YTxGamer
If only there was a way of searching the answer for that.
04/01/2014 7:33 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
sixofwands
I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not...
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome