DDoS?

v0nn_toaster's Avatar v0nn_toaster1/2/17 7:33 pm
1 emeralds 235 7
1/11/2017 11:38 am
lunix46's Avatar lunix46
Hi i was going to host a server from home! but i am worried about DDoS is there any way to protect against it?
v0nn_toaster
Level 1 : New Crafter

Create an account or sign in to comment.

01/11/2017 11:38 am
Level 21 : Expert Crafter
lunix46
Dont host servers from home... It cheaper to just buy like a small package from server hosters... They dont cost alot and probably way cheaper then have your pc on for hours.
01/04/2017 10:20 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Network
IEpicDestroyer
Well the thing is most isp's do not allow hosting servers on their networks. However that doesn't mean they ever check! :p If your worried about DDoS on your pc, you should consider getting a vps and hosting it on that, it would be more reliable. If you really want to spend like only a few dollars a year, what you could do is buy a NAT VPS from some company and set it up so it will forward a port from the range of ports you can choose to your system..

TL;DR You can only get it DDoS protected if you get some server from a datacenter...
01/03/2017 1:24 am
v0nn_toaster
And if i do get DDosed will it slow down my whole house?
01/03/2017 7:47 am
Level 26 : Expert Princess
star_weaver
no it wont slow down your house, it will how ever slow down/crash your internet, and if that does happen your SoL unless you have a dynamic IP or if your isp cares and changes it on that end of the connection even still unless you get on some ones bad side or get popular u dont need to worrie about anything ive had multiple servers running for difrent people and only been hit once right at the start but that was easily fixed due to a dynamic ip
01/03/2017 12:42 am
v0nn_toaster
What if i want my server to have 80% uptime
01/02/2017 10:44 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner
PhyloGenesis
DDoS is not something you need to worry about unless your system MUST be online at all times. All it does it make it so people can't get on while it's occurring.

Also, unless you have serious funding like star weaver said, you won't be able to prevent it. Don't worry about it.
01/02/2017 10:06 pm
Level 26 : Expert Princess
star_weaver
short answer: no
long answer: yes if you have a lot of money to spend on a dedicated ddos protection box and even then that isnt really going to stop everything
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome