Enchanting Question

FrozenToast's Avatar FrozenToast4/21/19 1:39 am
2 emeralds 336 3
4/22/2019 10:56 pm
FrozenToast's Avatar FrozenToast
Hate to make a thread but been looking around and can't find an answer.

Been using an AFK fish farm, and got a lot of enchanted books. Made an anvil, and trying to enchant an iron pickaxe; wiki says you can put Fortune on an iron pickaxe, but my Fortune 3 book has an "X" and won't go. My character is lvl 74. I [made a backup of the world and] managed to put efficiency, unbreaking, and mending, but fortune won't go on the anvil.

I'm guessing fortune can only get on iron pickaxe via enchanting table, not anvil? I didn't see any notes about this on wiki. V 1.13.2. I have an enchanting table already and 22 bookshelves, just haven't placed them down yet (found diamonds and obsidian in chest).
FrozenToast
Level 9 : Apprentice Birb