(FIXED) Factions+Essentials Chat Issue

Calle_Ocho's Avatar Calle_Ocho3/20/15 7:48 pm
3/20/2015 8:10 pm
Calle_Ocho's Avatar Calle_Ocho
Hello, so I have recently installed factions on my server that includes Essentials chat. I have noticed that Factions has it's own chat format, so I followed the instructions on the MassiveCraft website on how to integrate Factions chat format with Essentials chat format. One problem, colors for the Factions prefix don't show up in chat. For example: http://prntscr.com/6jb8pn The chat format I was told to use on the site is "'§7[{factions_roleprefix}§r§7{factions_nameforce}§r§7] §r§7[{GROUP}] §r{DISPLAYNAME}§r§7:§r {MESSAGE}'" I used this format, however I changed the "§'s" to "&'s" because the essentials config no longer supports "§" And yes, I have used those exact characters just to try it out once and the config goes back to default because there are invalid characters. So the format I am using currently that gives no color on the prefix is "'&7[{factions_roleprefix}&r&7{factions_nameforce}&r&7] &r{DISPLAYNAME}&r&7:&r {MESSAGE}'"

Is there any solution to this at all?
I am running Minecraft server version 1.8.3 so Essentials is 1.8 and the factions plugin is 1.8.1.

Please help!

Thanks
Calle_Ocho
Level 1 : New Network