Game running slow?

Azrath's Avatar Azrath7/27/16 12:38 pm
7/30/2016 10:20 pm
Azrath's Avatar Azrath
So I haven't been playing for like 2 years now and game went from 400+ fps to only and barely 40 fps... what happened in mean time to do this?

My PC:
MSI MS-7918
Intel i7-4770 3.40GHz (8 CPUs)
16 GB of RAM
AMD Radeon R9 200 Series

Windows 10

So what is wrong with my game? I mean I think I should not have any problems running this game at all... I mean its minecraft after all.

EDIT:

Well not it runs at 60 FPS all the time but game still looks choppy...
Azrath
Level 25 : Expert Button Pusher

Create an account or sign in to comment.

07/30/2016 10:20 pm
Azrath
Yeah that was what was causing the stuttering ...
07/30/2016 9:54 pm
Level 45 : Master Crafter
SensorialGlint6
If you have old pc DirectX 12 (comes with win10) might be slowing your pc. Also unless you are using win 10 version of mc, there are reports problems with the normal pc versions.

In a way mojang or microsoft broke the game there so you will be more inclined to use win10 version over pc. So if the question is only about mc. It will not run properly no matter what you do.
07/29/2016 7:05 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
Taboshkas
Guys this is because you updated to Java 8, try reinstalling Java 7 and it will fix the problem. This also can occur when you have overclocked your RAM if you did that

- Taboshkas
07/29/2016 6:50 pm
Level 40 : Master Pokemon
raichuthink
CCleaner is pretty useful if you know what to check off.
https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download
07/30/2016 9:35 pm
Azrath
Guide me? I used that tool on my laptop like a week before and now I messed my internet and it wont work! :S (still do not know what is wrong with it as it is connected to the internet and it can load the fav icons on websites I visit but cant load or establish the connection between the laptop and internet)

EDIT:

So I turned VSync on and choppiness is gone ... any one care to explain what does it do?
07/30/2016 9:56 pm
Level 45 : Master Crafter
SensorialGlint6
VSync does what it says. It syncs the image to make it more smooth.
07/29/2016 6:15 pm
Azrath
Bump?
07/28/2016 1:46 pm
Azrath
Well I came to conclusion the game optimization sucks. I installed some other games from before that need WAY higher requirements than minecraft and guess what? Stable FPS on there on ultra high without the problems! (One of them I am talking about TERA Rising which is known for bad optimization but looks like minecraft has it worse)
07/27/2016 4:30 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Sus
Coding
1. Minecraft is one of the top "PC Fryer" games.
2. Try Deleting whole Minecraftand reinstall java.
3. Allow Minecraft to use more ram. You have 16GB so do:
- open Minecraft launcher, go to profile editor> new profile
- Check the JVM Aeguments to true
- Delete all crap that'sin JVM and replace with "-Xmx4G" (without ")
You just let Minecraft to use more ram.

If you still have problems, try cooling down your machine. How many hours a day is it on?

- turn off skype
- check your background processes
- upgrade GPU and CPU drivers

You haven't played Minecraftfor 2 years... 2 years ago I had about 300fps, today I have just over 100. Minecraft requirements became much higher since around version 1.6 due to updates in world generators, entity shadows etc.

Try launching a Minecraft Version from the past 2 years and you will see the difference. On older versions you will have higher fps.
07/27/2016 1:07 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
borse123
this happened to me it probably because your cpu has degraded have a look at your render and lower it would be my suggestion
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome