Having big server issues!

Webtro's Avatar Webtro4/27/14 11:17 pm
4/28/2014 10:51 pm
Rawwk's Avatar Rawwk
I would like to give Lightningrocks27 for setting up a server for me!

This server runs from Multicraft. It is online, 50 slots.
However, I am unable to make myself OP, and I am also having issues setting up plugins. The only plugin I have gotten to work is Essentials. The server is Spigot (which I haven't heard of) and I have been trying to install plugins from Bukkit. The plugins upload, but never appear on the server or in the files, no matter how many times I try to restart. The big issue here is that I need to make myself OP. I also need help setting up plugins for kits/ranks/permissions, etc.

I have used Multicraft in the past for one of my previous servers, it was run on craftbukkit mod and plugins were fairly easily to install. How can I install plugins properly using Spigot?

Thanks for you help,
Webtro
Webtro
Level 21 : Expert Button Pusher

Create an account or sign in to comment.

04/28/2014 10:51 pm
Level 39 : Artisan Engineer
Rawwk
I recommend downloading Filezilla. It helps with uploading plugins, configuring, and more!
04/28/2014 12:38 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Network
TurnUpKing
If you still need help add me on skype. live:at_coinmaster
04/28/2014 8:07 am
Level 3 : Apprentice Hunter
theIgloo
You install plugins with spigot the same as with bukkit, just drag them into the plugins folder, restart your server and do all the configuration. Spigot is an optimized version of CraftBukkit, the plugins are no different.

By what you said, I'm guessing you're using a plugin installer on Multicraft, just use the FTP and drop them in the folder.
04/28/2014 5:14 pm
Level 21 : Expert Button Pusher
Webtro
That is exactly what I have been doing, dragging the files into the FTP files. (I am not good with computer stuffs.) But they do not show up in the server.

My FTP folder thing looks like this: http://imgur.com/Qe30vE5
I see those plugin files at the top - why aren't they applying to the server? It looks like essentials is the only one that is there. (Because when I do /help, only commands for Essentials and Minecraft are coming up.)
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome