Help, weird black pixels on screen!

Azrath's Avatar Azrath12/10/17 8:55 am
1 emeralds 1.5k 14
12/16/2017 1:45 pm
Azrath's Avatar Azrath
So I did not find General/Help so I am posting under Minecraft/Help! Anyways I have this weird black "dead" pixels problem randomly appearing at random internals on my screen! Sometimes it doesnt happen for a week, motnh, sometiumes, it lasts for few hours, sometimes it lasts until next restart. What could be the problem? My PC is not that old, only 4 years old, ventilation is good, cleaning is regular (every 1 month) so what could cause this? Also its not overheating and AMD drivers are up to date.

Azrath
Level 24 : Expert Button Pusher

Create an account or sign in to comment.

12/11/2017 10:16 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner
LamoidZombieDog
restart your pc

check if your graphics or graphic card is having a problem

rightclick windows key, click Device manager, find Graphics (or just go through all drivers) and find any with yellow ! marks, if you find any update them, restart the pc and you should be good
12/11/2017 9:02 am
Level 38 : Artisan Artist
Antiquez
It actullay IS minecraft. I have had this problem before
12/11/2017 9:59 am
Level 22 : Expert Blockhead
raidarr
If you had the problem, then do you have anything good about how to fix it?
12/10/2017 1:25 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Network
ItsFadeIN
Check if your video drivers are updated
12/10/2017 10:07 am
Level 56 : Grandmaster Architect
Aemyl_
i don't know but lower mipmaps to 0 in minecraft options it might help i guess
12/10/2017 12:14 pm
raidarr
His issue is on the computer itself, be that the monitor, graphics card or something in the drivers - not minecraft specifically, as noted at the start of the thread.
12/11/2017 8:59 am
Aemyl_
ok right... but why he is posting this here, it's minecraft forum not forum about computers, i'm just showing an way to fix it in minecraft but if it's out of the minecraft and it's just his monitor and this topic is not related to minecraft in any way why is he posting that stuff here?
12/11/2017 9:58 amhistory
raidarr
If you read the very first sentence of his post again, you'll see why.
12/16/2017 1:44 pm
Azrath
Ye I am sorry, I remember back in the day PMC had General/Help forums for those kind of stuff. Maybe it has new name, I have no idea.
12/10/2017 9:50 am
raidarr
If the condition does not change when you move things around the screen (ie, the pixels are simply acting independently) then one possibility (though not my first guess) is that your monitor itself is buggered up. If that's true, a new monitor's the best diagnosis I can think of.

It could be your graphics card failing; if possible, a check to see if it happens with integrated graphics would help to get more data for the problem. It could be monitor, but with that kind of behavior, it may well be your graphics card having a real issue. A fast attempt at a bandaid solution would be to force a manual update/reinstall if it's up to date setup of the graphics card driver, and from there, see if the issue happens on your graphics card's display only, or if it happens across integrated graphics/another card (with appropriate drivers) as well.
12/10/2017 11:22 am
Azrath
I have only one GPU, what do I do than? Also as I mentioned its not constant, it just happens randomly and annoys the hell out of me. Monitors are brand new, tested on other PCs, no problems, same my PC with other monitors. I have no idea why is it happening. GPU from outside seems fine, no problems or anything.
12/11/2017 9:00 am
Aemyl_
is this monitor having special drivers or something like that? if yes try to update it maybe it's just outdated drivers or your graphic card is being broken and just shows this randomly
12/10/2017 12:16 pm
raidarr
If the PC runs with other monitors, and the monitors are decent, it may be quickest and easiest just to use another monitor. If not, sounds like something that could be caused by driver issues, in which case I'd chose the option of updating/reinstalling the latest graphics card drivers to see if that will do anything.
12/16/2017 1:45 pm
Azrath
I updated the newest AMD Adrenalin update and seems the issue was fixed, for now. Hope it wont come back.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome