How do I get my server known ... ? (200 Words)

Oberdiah's Avatar Oberdiah6/15/13 6:36 am
1 emeralds 104 1
6/15/2013 12:26 pm
Al3xPro's Avatar Al3xPro
My server (Look on my profile if you want the ip) Is a new type of server which, when people know about it, I think will do well. The only problem is, no-one knows about it. ... it isn't really up yet but every time I think I should put it out, someone logs in, plays for 5 mins (Half a game) and leaves again. I feel that it is a fun game to play, but there aren't enough players to keep players on.

So I boost it ... 3 people log in ... play half a game ... 3 people log out ... another person logs in, sees no-one is online and logs out again. Once 5 players are on all the time, it'll be fine ... but up till that point ... there's no way of getting started.

Also, if I try to get advertising, I need money, and to get that, I need players on the server ... so the big servers get bigger, and the smaller ones go no-where. Is there a good way of getting your server out to the world? I assume the answer is no, because every time there is, all the big servers get there and pay more ... and get it.

How do all of the small servers start?

Oberdiah.
Oberdiah
Level 52 : Grandmaster Droid

Create an account or sign in to comment.

06/15/2013 12:26 pm
Level 25 : Expert Ninja
Al3xPro
OberdiahMy server (Look on my profile if you want the ip) Is a new type of server which, when people know about it, I think will do well. The only problem is, no-one knows about it. ... it isn't really up yet but every time I think I should put it out, someone logs in, plays for 5 mins (Half a game) and leaves again. I feel that it is a fun game to play, but there aren't enough players to keep players on.

So I boost it ... 3 people log in ... play half a game ... 3 people log out ... another person logs in, sees no-one is online and logs out again. Once 5 players are on all the time, it'll be fine ... but up till that point ... there's no way of getting started.

Also, if I try to get advertising, I need money, and to get that, I need players on the server ... so the big servers get bigger, and the smaller ones go no-where. Is there a good way of getting your server out to the world? I assume the answer is no, because every time there is, all the big servers get there and pay more ... and get it.

How do all of the small servers start?

Oberdiah.

it can take a long time to get started. I only have a player base of about 15-25 and i have been doing this for a year. You can't just expect a rush of 100+ players over night.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome