How to cancel the fall damage

ComaandEngineer's Avatar ComaandEngineer10/10/18 8:07 am
10/14/2018 12:17 am
ComaandEngineer's Avatar ComaandEngineer
ComaandEngineer
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

10/13/2018 6:30 pm
Steve_is_Awsome
I think in bedrock edition if you jump and you wait till your just a few blocks above the ground you log out of the world and log back in it resets your fall damage to where you left your game. (if you followed my instructions it should be just a few blocks and you won't receive much fall damage if any.)

p.s. it might work on java but I'm not sure.
10/14/2018 12:17 am
ComaandEngineer
well, it will work but I want to do it by command cause I'm not avoiding I'm making datapacks
10/11/2018 10:40 am
ComaandEngineer
o that's a good way but is there a glitch that when you jump into the fire with jump_boost lvl 255 and you will jump sky high?
10/11/2018 10:53 pm
Level 42 : Master Taco
spychicken123
i think so. i had that problem a bit were if you go on some things at like a weird angle you jump really high, but there isnt really another way to do it.
10/11/2018 10:03 am
Level 61 : High Grandmaster Terraformer
Ivain
in Bedrock edition you can simply type "/gamerule falldamage false"
Sadly this doesnt appear to be an option in Java edition. But check anyway eh?
10/11/2018 9:40 am
Level 42 : Master Taco
spychicken123
easy it sounds dumb but if you give everyone jump boost level 255 with commands, you wont get fall damage and will jump normal
10/10/2018 2:49 pmhistory
Level 6 : Apprentice Engineer
TobyTapper
In minecraft, use feathery falling boots. To totally cancel out the damage, increase the enchantment level.

I tried to find a 1.13 command, but all I found was this 1.12 version,

https://minecraftcommand.science/commands/34060

I'm not good with 1.13 so you will have to convert it your self, best of luck!
10/11/2018 5:14 am
Level 57 : Grandmaster Engineer
ShelLuser
Good idea. Sometimes the obviously picks are those you most easily overlook ;)

One small caveat though: feather falling only reduces the damage but doesn't fully negate it, and the damage reduction itself also has an upper limit (capped). So.. the official maximum level is IV so if I then double the amount by using this:
  • /give @p diamond_boots{Enchantments:[{id:"minecraft:feather_falling",lvl:8}]}
... you'll notice that it won't fully negate the damage if you teleport yourself 40 blocks into the air:
  • /tp ~ ~40 ~
And increasing the enchantment level even further unfortunately doesn't change much. Even with level 24 you'll still take the same amounts of damage.

It's a good suggestion, but unfortunately doesn't work.
10/10/2018 1:02 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Architect
Drepy
in vanilla? depends what version and if ur using mods/plugins....
10/10/2018 9:48 am
Level 57 : Grandmaster Engineer
ShelLuser
This is not easily done, maybe even impossible.

The main problem is that although Minecraft has a scoreboard criteria which checks for suffered damage it doesn't matter how that damage got inflicted. So: getting damaged by a mob or attacking player is considered to be the same as taking fall damage.

Therefor you'll have to check if the player was flying / falling a few moments before the damage got inflicted, which is somewhat tricky but doable (basically you keep track of the 'is flying' score and reset it several seconds after it changed to no).

Then you need to storage the amount of taken damage and somehow re-apply it. And that's where the problems begin because /data cannot be used to change certain player properties. For example you cannot change a players Inventory NBT tag and set it to empty to clear out their inventory, instead you need to use /clear. While you can do this for a chest: /data set block 1 64 1 {Inventory:[]}.

To my knowledge the same applies to properties such as Health, which makes this idea pretty much impossible because unfortunately Minecraft doesn't know the concept of variables yet.
10/10/2018 9:29 am
ComaandEngineer
yes
10/10/2018 9:20 am
Level 3 : Apprentice Mage
LoxleyShadow
In vanilla Minecraft?
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com