How do you move a server to another computer and run it?

BossJordan_g's Avatar BossJordan_g6/13/12 7:07 pm
1 emeralds 5.9k 5
6/14/2012 9:40 am
BossJordan_g's Avatar BossJordan_g
I really need help if you don't understand I made a server on a computer but I want to have it on another. What do I do?
BossJordan_g
Level 9 : Apprentice Artist

Create an account or sign in to comment.

06/14/2012 9:40 am
BossJordan_g
Carole I'm sorry but I have a new problem I have the original computer I am just at a different network
Have an answer to that maybe?
06/14/2012 8:32 am
Level 54 : Grandmaster Witch
mommaCarole
you also need to make sure the new computer has all the port-forwarding information and a static IP set up and that the IP/port information is correct in the server config files.
06/13/2012 10:40 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Architect
Netcraazzy
Boss,
Moving the files is the first step but you still have to make sure the new computer has java installed on it and works properly. If you could post some errors that would help too.
06/13/2012 7:33 pm
BossJordan_g
I took out the files and ran it, only seems to work on original computer.
06/13/2012 7:31 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
ProjectAileron
There are a few ways to go about doing this.

1. Get a flash drive or something else that can store the files of your server. Plug it into your computer and put the files onto it. Once you have copied/cut all the files onto it take it out and plug it into another computer. Once you have it plugged in take out the files and run it on that computer.

2. Make a Skype account to send the files to. If the files are to big to send in a .rar or .zip then send the files individually or in smaller .rar or .zip files.

3. Put up the files on a downloading site like Mediafire and make the other computer download them

4. This is probably the worst way to go about doing it, but take the hard drive from one computer and put it on the other.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome