Howw to make a server?

Cold_As_Ice_112's Avatar Cold_As_Ice_1121/22/18 4:05 pm
1/24/2018 8:39 pm
realBloq's Avatar realBloq
I don't know how to make a server and I will like to know can you please help me.
Cold_As_Ice_112
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

01/24/2018 3:25 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Crafter
Ravenpotter3
here is a good free site that you can make free sevrres on... there is no coding involved :D that is how I made my minecraft server called Caelum https://aternos.org/en/
01/24/2018 8:25 pm
Bugzooo
Its free but it acnt be up for a long time. Only when at least one person s on, and you can only have like 20 some people.
01/24/2018 8:39 pm
realBloq
You still need to setup plugins etc
01/23/2018 10:17 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Spleefer
Ace_Monkey_Ilium
If you want you own server temporarily, I recommend you to use server.pro. If you want to make a server that is online 24/7 Download the server jar from Minecraft.net and follow all the instructions on the wiki
01/23/2018 7:42 pm
Level 38 : Artisan Artist
Antiquez
Try using server.pro

Or somethin else

:P
01/23/2018 9:41 am
AbundantInSkillz
Hey, i recently discovered minehut.com and it allows you to create a server for absolutely free, you can easily add plugins with just the touch of a button, no installing and worrying about viruses, you can even cusomize your Ip
01/23/2018 4:58 am
Level 48 : Master Button Pusher
Cib
You can use this tutorial from the official Minecraft Wiki minecraft.gamepedia.com/Tutorials/Setting_up_a_server
01/23/2018 1:53 am
Level 1 : New Engineer
AwesomeAhmad1
What's your budget?
01/23/2018 12:36 am
Level 1 : New Network
AddictedSin
Anyone looking to make a server message me on Discord and I can help AddictedSin#4387
01/22/2018 7:36 pm
Level 1 : New Network
Inactive account101
me too idk how to make a server
01/22/2018 7:33 pm
Bugzooo
It depends, you can make a vanilla, craftbukkit, or spigot server. Vanilla is just normal Minecraft with no plugins. Craftbukkit and Spigot you can have plugins and special effects, stuff like that. I have tried all of those types and found each have there pros and cons... If you want to make a server that will have special stuff, like a lobby compass, minigames, and permissions, you will want Craftbukkit or spigot(my favorites!) The best video that can explain this and how to get it up and running is this Link. If you want to make a vanilla server, don't ask me, that's not my strongest talent! I hope you can figure it out! And hey, if you want more players to play on it, just give me the server info and I will start playing on it! Good luck!
01/23/2018 4:52 am
Level 8 : Apprentice Miner
MultiGame
Haha start Playing on my server network ;) let me know what u think!
92.254.145.4:25577
01/23/2018 10:34 am
Bugzooo
I tried to get on but it said servers currently down for maintenance. Check the IP again.
01/23/2018 10:50 am
Level 6 : Apprentice Miner
AeternumLands
then join my server! heh IP: mc.aeternum-survival.com
01/23/2018 6:41 pm
Bugzooo
I would, I L-O-V-E checking servers! But, on my screen it says: Sorry, our authentication servers are down for maintenance. When they get back online I will check both. And hey, if you need builders and staff I could help. I like nothing better than to build in Minecraft!
01/23/2018 10:17 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Spleefer
Ace_Monkey_Ilium
I own a server too.
IP: ArcticForestMC.net
01/22/2018 5:39 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Miner
MultiGame
01/22/2018 4:49 pm
Level 57 : Grandmaster Engineer
ShelLuser
A good way to start is by using the launcher. Start the launcher, open the menu if it's not already shown (click the three dashes in the upper right corner) and then select the "Launch options" tab.

You'll see at least one profile here. Click on the one you're normally using (for example: "Latest release") and then find the link "Download server" in the upper right corner. Click it, and it'll download. Do keep in mind that this only works for vanilla versions. So if you installed something like Forge then this obviously doesn't work.

Now, you'll download a so called jarfile, which is basically a "Java program file". For example: minecraft_server.1.12.2.jar. Move this to a new (empty) folder and double click to start it. If you have Java correctly installed then it should show you a dialog of some sort. First time it will create a few files, and then quit. That's because you need to edit "eula.txt" first, change "false" into "true".

Double click again and after a while you should see a dialog screen appear which shows a rough overview of your memory and a section which shows the current log. Let that run until it says "ready" and then you can log onto your server.

Start Minecraft as you normally did, click on "Multiplayer" and then it should automatically find the server.

Next step: check that empty folder again and this time try editing "server.properties" (you'll need to restart the server). You can change quite a few things there.

But yeah, that's how I'd start.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome