Io.netty.channel.abstractchannel$AnnotatedConnectExpectation: Connection Refused: no further information.

bremda's Avatar bremda12/19/17 10:41 am history
12/30/2017 12:29 pm
bremda's Avatar bremda

Hello, Does anyone know how to fix this error,"io.netty.channel.abstractchannel$AnnotatedConnectExpectation: Connection Refused: no further information." If anyone knows this cause please notify me. Note that this error occurred without any mods on Windows 10 version 1.12.2. I've tried everything, from watching videos and forum posts, messing with firewall and other settings yet nothing has worked. If you find time to help me it would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Yours Truly,

Tsukiya...

bremda
Level 9 : Apprentice Whale

Create an account or sign in to comment.

12/30/2017 12:29 pm
bremda
Turns out, the problem was too complex to provide a solution. I ended up replacing my router and it works fine, thank you everyone for the help!
12/20/2017 7:51 pm
bremda
Well, I don't know what to do anymore. I allowed all of Minecraft's possible ports into my router, allowed all Minecraft's ports into my firewall. Still nothing. I even reset my router twice...

I gave a image of the router service I use. It is not my router itself, (I don't know how to show a image without it being a link) but it has the same port forwarding methods. I put 25565 to 25565 for start to end and put for my IP address my IPv4 address.

Regards,
Tsukiya
12/21/2017 12:34 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Network
Geekles
I had a Linksys not too long ago actually, and perhaps a similar model
type since the port forwarding setup looks very similar. Don't worry
about firewall. Make sure you remove all of the port forwarding things
as that shouldn't be your issue. I know you said you reset it a couple
times but be absolutely sure you reset everything back to its default
settings. Try connecting through via an Ethernet cord.
~Geekles
12/21/2017 6:38 pm
bremda
Oh my. In trying to get this working, I reseted the router to factory details. In doing so, I lost WiFi, and had to call someone over, to fix it, going through setup once again. This solved nothing, and this problem is still prominent. Luckily, my WiFi is back which is a blessing in itself. The closest I found to a solution is this forum post: https://github.com/netty/netty/issues/6220. The most notable solution was Scottmitch's reply," It sounds like slowing down the rate at which the client attempts to establish new connections make the issue go away and you are able to open the desired amount of sockets? If so you may want to check your SO_BACKLOG parameter is large enough to handle the burst of connection attempts." I still don't know how to go about that, as all my research led me to nowhere. I might invest in a ethernet cord yet inconveniently, my WiFi is in a lower floor of my house, far from my room and study. I don't know how to go about with a cord, especially as i'm not fond with technical stuff like this.
Thank you for your time and consideration, I do apologize for continuing this post without much solution;

Regards,
Tsukiya
12/19/2017 6:08 pmhistory
bremda
Thank you for replying and so quickly, I'll take your suggestions into mind and if I figure it out, will share the solution in a form of a reply on this post.

Also, @Geekles, this is a new computer, my last PC worked fine when running servers. But thank you for the suggestion, perhaps in trying to fix the problem I could have also messed with certain settings. I have reinstalled windows with no luck. Also when I reset my firewall, a message pops up, "Windows Defender Firewall has blocked functions of this application. Please select the permissions." And i do, I select both private and public yet the server still doesn't work. I have no Antivirus software besides Windows Defender in which I've disabled with no luck in changing my problem's state. I've included a similar prompt I receive.
12/19/2017 6:40 pmhistory
Geekles
Seems strange that by resetting the computer it wouldn't fix the issue, but considering that it is new and you are unable to join servers from the start guess would mean a reset wouldn't do the trick. A couple things you can try is check your router's settings. There's a firewall on that too, which shouldn't interfere however you never know. Also, be sure that your new computer is able to properly connect to the internet. I'd assume you've already used the internet on your new computer, but just double checking to be 100% sure. Also I'd make sure Java is installed, this shouldn't be the solution to your issue, but it's just a side note if you plan on running minecraft (Java Edition) on your new computer.
~geekles
12/19/2017 8:18 pm
bremda
I have Java installed. And yes I have used the internet, but since my PC was built with separate purchased parts, I have to have a separate WiFi adapter that attaches via USB. Not sure if that affects settings or anything. I'll be sure to check my router settings. Thank you, it means a lot that you are taking time to respond to my replies, questions and concerns.

Regards,
Tsukiya
12/19/2017 8:32 pm
Geekles
Hmm, I've never connected using usb, and in theory there shouldn't be any issues, but just to be safe, I would connect to the router through either via Ethernet cord or assuming your PC has a wireless WiFi card built into the motherboard, try connecting wireless.
~Geekles
12/19/2017 9:04 pm
bremda
I'm going to try opening my router ports tomorrow. I think that's the problem but i'm not sure. Your suggestions really helped thank you.

Regards,
Tsukiya
12/20/2017 5:00 pm
Geekles
Definitely sounds possible.
12/19/2017 5:31 pm
Geekles
Seems to me the server you're attempting to connect to is offline. If that is not the case, I'd check to make sure you have a stable internet connection. If none of these resolves your issue, it could be your firewall however that should only be an issue if you either
A.) Accidentally played around with some settings on your Windows computer, more specifically your firewall settings before this error occurred
B.) Installed something recently (anti-virus perhaps?) or something that may have also configured your firewall a bit, preventing you from being able to connect to a server.

If none of these things work, the only thing I can suggest is either retrace your steps between the time you were able to last join a server, and when you were unable to join, or you can simply reset your computer if it comes down to it, however this is only if for some reason you are completely unable to resolve this issue, this should be your plan Z.

~Geekles
12/19/2017 4:59 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Explorer
LegendaryTimes
Having the same problem!
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome