Made a server but dont know how to let other people join it

Makaa's Avatar Makaa5/28/18 10:12 pm
5/30/2018 7:41 pm
HappyHippo77's Avatar HappyHippo77
Makaa
Level 7 : Apprentice Princess

Create an account or sign in to comment.

05/30/2018 7:33 pm
Level 45 : Master Ninja
HappyHippo77
Okay, here is the thing, people who don't know how servers work shouldn't attempt to make a public server. If it's on a host you should just be able to use the ip you chose. If it's not on a host, and you are making one using your ip or hamachi, I'm not going to tell you how to do it because based on the careless ease with which you posted this up here you don't know that the ip that hostless servers use for people to join is your actual ip, with which any hacker can force access into your computer. That means EVERYTHING you have saved. So, if this is a private server only for you and your friends, research it online. If it is supposed to be a public server and doesn't have a host, don't even bother, you'll just be putting yourself at risk.
05/29/2018 9:04 am
Level 44 : Master Taco
Sullyburger
your firewall....
05/29/2018 9:04 am
Level 44 : Master Taco
Sullyburger
you have to make a port forwarding (or a VPN) and allow some of the "fire" to be gone from the firewall.
05/29/2018 7:47 am
Level 31 : Artisan Engineer
garlicbreathinator
If you just set up a server on your computer and did nothing else, then it is not published to the internet. You need to either set up "port forwarding" to make it public, or use a VPN to connect with a few friends. You'll need to be pretty good with computers to do this though.
05/29/2018 2:15 am
Level 5 : Apprentice Miner
Anime2
Hey Makaa i'm currently looking for staff on my upcoming server do you want to try to be staff if so that would be great because i already have my friend paying for plugins ect on it so you don't have to spend your money <3
05/29/2018 7:06 pm
Makaa
yeah sure!!
05/29/2018 2:13 am
Level 5 : Apprentice Miner
Anime2
Drives a ford i think your a bit dumb she/hes not looking for her/his local ip adress shes talking about her minecraft server ip.... think before you post
05/28/2018 10:15 pm
Level 23 : Expert Botanist
Gauak
Share the IP to other people
05/28/2018 10:17 pm
Makaa
what does that mean??
05/28/2018 10:18 pm
Makaa
and how?
05/30/2018 7:41 pm
Level 45 : Master Ninja
HappyHippo77
Right so, if you want to own a server, you need to know how this works. Don't just go making a server and somehow managing to make it public unless you KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING! You evidently don't know the first thing about servers, I suggest that before even telling your closest friends you have a server, any server owner should know the following:

• How a server works and what the term "IP" actually means and why its connected to Minecraft servers.
  • A basic understanding of all server commands
  • An intermediate understanding of the workings of the server.properties folder and what it does
  • And a sturdy knowledge of the workings of a computer, and of internet and network workings

Without knowledge of any of that, you will fail dramatically at having a server, so study up! One final thing, I must stress again that you should NEVER have a server publicized if it is not hosted by a trusted host, lest you loose all your personal information. Stay safe!!!
05/29/2018 1:49 am
Level 1 : New Miner
drives_a_ford
If you don't know simple things like that, you should really do some research before starting a server.

However, if you've made a server at home, you can just google "what's my IP" and the first link is likely the one that'll tell you what it is. It'll be four numbers from 0 to 255 separated by periods (e.g 192.168.1.1). That's the IP other players need to join your server.
However, since you're most likely not the only person on your network, you might need to do some port forwarding. Not to mention, the port(s) used by MC might be blocked by either your router or even your ISP.

All in all, unless you've got a very good internet connection and you know what you're doing, I wouldn't recommend a public server hosted at home. If it's just for a few friends, it should be OK, however.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome