Minecraft snapshot 1.13 crash

Liam44JT's Avatar Liam44JT2/20/18 3:33 am
1 emeralds 1.3k 3
2/22/2018 12:48 pm
Liam44JT's Avatar Liam44JT
Hi, when I try to open snapshot 18w07c, minecraft crashes. this is if I'm not mistaking, the crashlog: The game crashed whilst initializing game
Error: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Not a JSON Object: null
Thanks, All help appreciated!
Liam44JT
Level 12 : Journeyman Architect

Create an account or sign in to comment.

02/22/2018 12:48 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Architect
Liam44JT
Ok, thanks a bunch everyone! I was hoping to get a taste of 1.13,but I guess I'll have to wait a little while :)
02/20/2018 8:43 am
Level 32 : Artisan Nerd
ParkerTheDev
Snapshots are experimental, and anything can happen from lag to game crashes. I quote from the launcher: "Snapshots are development versions which are not guaranteed to be stable and may corrupt your world. You're advised to run them in separate directories or create regular backups."

Essentially, it's the developers version of 1.13 released to the public for testing.
02/20/2018 6:57 am
Level 57 : Grandmaster Engineer
ShelLuser
Well, it's a snapshot so anything can happen. No offense, but if you can't dissect such a situation to rule out possible causes of the crash then it might be better not to try snapshots. Always keep in mind that there's even a risk for data / world corruption.

The best you can do is try with a clean slate. Rename your data directory (%appdata%\.minecraft) to something else, then try again (warning: you'll need to authenticate again).

This approach will also rule out most risks for data corruption.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome