Mod help for a hamachi server

excavatorpie's Avatar excavatorpie12/30/13 7:32 pm
1 emeralds 352 5
1/1/2014 7:11 pm
SabreGames's Avatar SabreGames
Hello, sorry if anything in this post has been mentioned elsewhere as I don't visit this site enough to know all of the forum posts, but anyway.

I am going to create a Hamachi server on my computer I will be building in the next few weeks, and since it will be a high end build, I wanted to use some mods and texture packs for this server.

I want to try out the Shaders Mod when I get the new computer, since I think my graphics processing unit can handle it, but I don't know whether it will work on the server. I will basically be downloading some shaders for my own computer, then using them on the online server which I will be host of. Does everyone else on the server need to download the shader that I use, or can I use it just by myself?

Also, I probably don't need it, but I would like to use Optifine on just my computer as well, just to use the Extreme render distance and also have the ability to tinker with the other options which are normally hidden when you play Vanilla Minecraft. Will my friends need to download it as well?

Just in case I do, if I were to download and use a texture pack, for example, Sphax, would everyone on the server need to have it too?

Another quick thing, I want to edit the gamerules so that keep inventory is on and mob griefing is false. Can I just type in on the chat '/keepInventory true' and '/mobGriefing false'? If not, what do I do? Do I have to go into the server files and change some stuff in the options file?

Thank you if you help!
excavatorpie
Level 2 : Apprentice Crafter