Movement issue fix?

Lilya's Avatar Lilya9/3/18 12:12 pm
1 emeralds 162 2
9/5/2018 8:52 am
Lilya's Avatar Lilya
Hello, I was wondering if anyone could suggest a way to fix my movement issue.

Whenever I move on a server my head flicks to the left making it impossible to play. This only seems to happen on servers and in versions 1.12.2 and before, 1.13.1 and single player work fine. This only started when I got a new PC a month ago.

- I've tried replacing my mouse 3 times (Once with a wireless) and had no change.
- I've reinstalled Minecraft.
- I've tried using Optifine.
- I've tried changing my Minecraft settings.

I never had this problem with Minecraft on a Desktop or Laptop before and it doesn't do this on Fortnite or Sims 4. I mainly use 1.8.9 and 1.12.2, but the only one the works is 1.13.1.

If anyone has a suggestion on how to fix this it would be highly appreciated!

Thank you for taking the time to read this,

Lilya
Lilya
Level 1 : New Crafter

Create an account or sign in to comment.

09/03/2018 1:04 pm
Level 57 : Grandmaster Engineer
ShelLuser
I think your best option is to wait for 1.13 to become more mainstream and then continue with playing that. See, the thing is that 1.13 has fixed a ton of bugs, I'm not even exaggerating all that much, and it is very well possible that something on your new environment caused Minecraft to be affected by a bug of some sort One which obviously no longer exists in 1.13. If that is the case ('m not sure of course) then it would be difficult to go back to previous versions.

When you say that your head flicks to the left, do you mean that your head turns to the left and then can't be moved no more? It's a little hard to imagine.

Now, this is a long shot mind you but I may have a possible cause... Ever since we got the new Minecraft launcher the game would provide its own Java runtime. So: if you reinstall (or even remove!) Java then it won't make any difference for your game. Because it uses its own Java version. But here's the thing: it uses a rather old version (1.8.0u51) while the current Java 8 is 1.8.0u181.

Worse yet: the current version of Java is actually 10.0.2.

Now, normally this doesn't matter too much but I could imagine that if you play on a server which uses a much more modern Java version that it could theoretically affect your game.

You could try to check this by installing a modern Java version, editing your launcher profile and then enabling and changing the 'Java executable' and point it at your modern version.
09/05/2018 8:52 am
Level 1 : New Crafter
Lilya
Thank you!
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome