I need groupmanager help!

panhead86's Avatar panhead866/23/11 7:21 pm
1 emeralds 278 6
7/8/2011 2:42 pm
wweee2345's Avatar wweee2345
I'm starting a server, but I can't seem to get groupmanager to work with any of my other plugins, like WorldEdit. I also can't get suffixes or prefixes to work at all. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but can someone give me some tips or a copy of your groups.yml? That would be most helpful. Thanks!
panhead86
Level 59 : Grandmaster Musician

Create an account or sign in to comment.

07/08/2011 2:42 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
wweee2345
Essentials usually doesnt have very many issues except for the lack of response from their devs. I personally dont use lots of essentials and have replacements such as the ones stated above.
My issues with Permissions:
-Not user-friendly
-Setup tends to be gruling with YAML or whatever its on now
-Permissions commands are fairly extensive even with PermissionsPlus or PermissionsEx
-It tended everytime I wanted to edit or reload the plugin issues would occur and I'd have to restart. I gave up when the new devs took over and ended up doing a setup just like Group Managers with the separation of users and groups.
Personally I only use GroupManager from the essentials suite. EssentialsChat is buggy, Essentials Eco (All I use out of that is the [Buy] signs for shops.), Otherwise yes I agree Essentials does have issues. Otherwise such as on my server I use iConomy, HeroChat, LWC, WorldGuard, BigBrother and AuthMe(Amounting up to about 40 plugins), functionality or compatibility were never affected by Group Manager.
But the only problems or errors Ive ever had with GroupManager were lack of notice in the YAML coding.
I Like HeroChat because it has colors on chat text for channels
I do recommend iChat though because its updated lol
Instead of arguing and trying to convince him, we should probably try and help him shouldnt we?
Best Regards,
Wweee2345
07/08/2011 12:04 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Ninja
oz_revulsion
Essentials IMO fails. It tries to be a jack of all trades and ends up being a master of none. I had no end of problems trying to get Essentials to play nice with iConomy, MyWarp and permissions. Now I am using iConomy, MyWarp, MyHome, Commandbook, Permissions and PermissionsPlus (to provide the Group manager like functionality).

Sure I have to install a lot more plugins but I have something that is reliable and has multiple points of failure. If Mywarp falls over for example I can just fail over to xWarp or if iConomy breaks I can put in BOSEconomy and all the rest of the plugins still work. If one part of Essentials fails then the all the rest of the stuff it offers is useless. I recommend not trying to get Group Manager working and just use the setup I outlined above because it has been working awesome for me for ages.

My $0.02.

Cheers
Oz

[EDIT] Oh and I use iChat to make my pretty chat colours work
07/08/2011 9:50 am
wweee2345
Well their is an issue here, as GroupManager functions and uses the GroupBridge so it functions like permissions. Therefore, plugins that arent normally compatible with GroupManager are now compatible. BigBrother works perfectly GroupManager nor have I ever had an issue with any of the commands. GroupManager supports the same range of plugins without issue.
What Im trying to say is.
If your going to begin a server with no experience, GroupManager is the best because its easiest to format. With GroupManager you also have ability to makes groups, edit them, give permissions to players, so therefore is it better to have 2 or 3 plugins or 1 that does it all for you?
EssentialsChat is crap you should delete it and change it in for a better chat program like iChat or HeroChat (Both are compatible with GroupManager and Permissions
07/08/2011 1:54 am
Level 40 : Master Blacksmith
Carnage104
Essentails chat ONLY makes the prefix work. The problem with groupmanager is, is that its is old and VERY outdated. Alot of plugins like BigBrother will simply not work. Essentials, the most widley used plugin EVER, is switching to support permissions, not groupmanager, because of its ever-declining compatiblily with other plugins. Also, it is easy to make permissions user-friendly, with simple plugins like PermissinsPlus, and PermissionsX.
07/07/2011 8:54 pm
wweee2345
Eh GroupManager is not crap.....Permissions is horrible on being user friendly, while GroupManager is so much easier to use.
Send me your groups file and I can adjust it for you. If not we can do it through team viewer or similar software.
P.S- Carnage, EssentialsChat is horrible, GroupManager is jsut as compatible with plugins as permissions is. I run HeroChat on my server with several other plugins and it performs magnificently.
07/05/2011 7:48 am
Level 40 : Master Blacksmith
Carnage104
Groupmanager is crap, just get Permissions v3 and essentials...EssentialsChat allows the prefixes and such to work, otherwise thaey do nothing on bouth groupmanager and permissions
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome