In need halp...

Sambles's Avatar Sambles3/22/15 2:03 am
1 emeralds 372 7
3/31/2015 11:20 pm
Johnanater's Avatar Johnanater
Here is my problem...

ok so a year ago i downloaded a virus on my windows 8 and got a man to come and fix it. when I turned on the pc it would open fine but on the smart screen that shows your apps and shows you ones like desktop and mail and so on there were no apps there so I got onto desktop by searching chrome in the search feature and it would bring me to desktop (oh yeah this is a problem with my mods) and they worked fine up to now) anyway, I would have to go into computer/users/Sam/.minecraft in documents to get to my mods folder and id put the mods there but recently a new update came to the windows (1.8.1) and the problem was fixed but since then my mods mysteriously won’t work ill press start and the progress bar reaches full and the launcher will close but nothing will open and I have waited 30-45 mins but it still won’t work and I have downloaded forge again and again but nothing changes I’ve reinstalled mcpatcher and installed lite loader but nothing works I am really saddened by this plz help oh yeah there is no error or anything =(
Sambles
Level 1 : New Crafter

Create an account or sign in to comment.

03/31/2015 11:20 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Taco
Johnanater
Doubt a virus would target Minecraft, unless it's one of those "FREE MINECRAFT" ads anywhere.
03/31/2015 8:51 pm
Level 26 : Expert Dragon
_ENDER_DRAGON_
It could be a mass of things causing it. I got a virus on my computer yesterday actually. My anti virus didn't detect it because it's a new virus. Even though I deleted it I didn't know if it installed a key logger or something. I did a System Restore. It restores your computer back to your last backup. Luckily for me, me last backup was the day before.

If you made a backup recently, you could try a system restore.
03/31/2015 8:54 pm
Level 43 : Master Creeper
Dr_Steve
The type of virus that could not be detected is called a zero-day virus, if you do not know
03/31/2015 8:55 pm
Level 26 : Expert Dragon
_ENDER_DRAGON_
I submitted the virus to Kaspersky so hopefully they can come out with a fix.
03/29/2015 10:37 am
Level 35 : Artisan Dragonborn
Dovahkaal
Re-install the mods. Something probably got corrupted. Also, reinstall java.
03/31/2015 8:54 pm
Level 43 : Master Creeper
Dr_Steve
I doubt it is, it would probably be a virus, not a corruption & even if it was, it would be the result of a virus
03/31/2015 9:17 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump
Azie
Not all file corruption is the result of a virus. File corruption can occur when forcing your PC to shutdown by holding down its power button/otherwise shutting down your PC improperly or because of hardware failure, among other things. I'd wager that it's more likely for the problem to be a file corruption than it is a virus messing with the launcher...
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome