Nether Portal Help

VelociCraftor's Avatar VelociCraftor12/24/13 10:59 am
12/24/2013 12:59 pm
ASF's Avatar ASF
So in one of my Minecraft survival worlds, whenever I go into my Nether portal, which is just outside my house, then go back from the Nether, I end up in a new Nether portal in the middle of nowhere and a long ways away from my house. Does anyone know what causes this? I destroy the new portal each time, but it just creates a new one when I do it again. It isn't a huge problem, I made a bridge back to the mainland in creative, but I would like to know what's going on and if I can stop it in any way.

*Edit*
Thanks to a video by Magicman88999, I have solved the problem. I had to destroy the portal that was in the Nether, die in the Nether, and then go back in through the portal in the Overworld, thus creating a new one in the Nether.
VelociCraftor
Level 35 : Artisan Ranger

Create an account or sign in to comment.

12/24/2013 12:59 pm
Level 71 : Legendary Pixel Painter
ASF
VelociCraftor
VelociCraftor
Magicman88999I made this video a while ago. It should help you somewhat.

The portal I destroyed in the nether was the one that didn't bring me back to my base.

Okay thanks I'll go try that now.

Yup that did it thanks!

No problem
12/24/2013 11:31 am
VelociCraftor
VelociCraftor

The portal I destroyed in the nether was the one that didn't bring me back to my base.

Yup that did it thanks!
12/24/2013 11:23 am
VelociCraftor

12/24/2013 11:22 am
Level 8 : Apprentice Network
Kaev
I used to have this problem a while back, it doesn't happen anymore. But just in case, I always take a compass to the nether.
12/24/2013 11:25 am
VelociCraftor
Well that's the other thing. My spawn point, which was fairly close to my house, is now apparently set the the middle of the ocean, so that's where my compass points. I do have a way home though, so that's not a major problem.
12/24/2013 11:18 am
Level 1 : New Miner
Christheminecraftian
Sorry man, but the game works like that, you can make a compass if you want to get home again, as it leads you to spawn.
12/24/2013 11:17 am
Level 71 : Legendary Pixel Painter
ASF
I made this video a while ago. It should help you somewhat.
[yt]9jewEt_HT9s[/yt]
12/24/2013 11:02 am
Level 11 : Journeyman Mage
alice_mon
Are you using the same portal you come out in the Nether from (that wording is a bit funny, sorry) to get back? If not, that could be why.
12/24/2013 11:07 am
VelociCraftor
I understand what you mean, and yes, I do. There is only one portal in the Nether, and the one by my house goes to it. When I exit the Nether through that portal, I end up far away.
12/24/2013 11:10 am
Level 16 : Journeyman Goblin
poltercreeper
ive seen this glitch before, but i dont know what causes it or how to fix it, sorry
12/24/2013 11:11 am
VelociCraftor
Thanks anyway.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome