Is an obsidian generator possible?

Supernicky_'s Avatar Supernicky_3/31/16 2:23 pm
1 emeralds 11.5k 6
4/1/2016 3:18 pm
HbTextures's Avatar HbTextures
I have a skyblock on a server, and I need obsidian to craft an enchanting table. However, the skyblock shop charges $6000 ingame money, which I am DEFINITELY not willing to pay. Is there a way to create an obsidian generator?
Supernicky_
Level 14 : Journeyman Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

04/01/2016 3:18 pm
Level 67 : High Grandmaster Modder
HbTextures
Chara
Jake1702Mojang said it was a "bug", and got rid of it. Also I believe it could also be done with string instead of redstone.

This. Back in 1.7 it was very easy to create an obsidian generator:
~snip

But since 1.8, at least from what I've seen, you have to sacrifice a bucket of lava to get obsidian. I may be wrong though, so don't take my word for it, I'm just going from experience since my previous 1.7 obsidian generator stopped working after 1.8.

That's precisely what I meant, lava replacing redstone which touches flowing water.
04/01/2016 11:46 am
Level 1 : New Miner
Jake1702
Mojang said it was a "bug", and got rid of it. Also I believe it could also be done with string instead of redstone.
04/01/2016 11:55 am
Level 69 : High Grandmaster Fisherman
Aegeah
This. Back in 1.7 it was very easy to create an obsidian generator:

But since 1.8, at least from what I've seen, you have to sacrifice a bucket of lava to get obsidian. I may be wrong though, so don't take my word for it, I'm just going from experience since my previous 1.7 obsidian generator stopped working after 1.8.
04/01/2016 11:23 am
Level 57 : Grandmaster Fox
Foxy
Yes, an obsidian generator is possible in any game version,
as long as you're able to access the nether. It's really easy if you have 2 people or something like a /home command. However this requires that you have at least 10 obsidian and a diamond pickaxe to start with (or 10 buckets of water and 10 buckets of lava)

This is not a bug and Mojang has no intention of removing or changing this any time soon.

http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Tutorial ... er_portals
04/01/2016 11:02 am
Level 14 : Journeyman Miner
Supernicky_
HbTextures
Supernicky_I have a skyblock on a server, and I need obsidian to craft an enchanting table. However, the skyblock shop charges $6000 ingame money, which I am DEFINITELY not willing to pay. Is there a way to create an obsidian generator?

It was possible when lava flowed down to destroy some redstone dust and that dust was right next to flowing water, the redstone would turn into obsidian. But I think it doesn't work beyond 1.7

Okay, thanks, just cause I really am not going to pay $6000.
03/31/2016 2:28 pm
Level 67 : High Grandmaster Modder
HbTextures
Supernicky_I have a skyblock on a server, and I need obsidian to craft an enchanting table. However, the skyblock shop charges $6000 ingame money, which I am DEFINITELY not willing to pay. Is there a way to create an obsidian generator?

It was possible when lava flowed down to destroy some redstone dust and that dust was right next to flowing water, the redstone would turn into obsidian. But I think it doesn't work beyond 1.7
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome