Prefixes not showing up?

StillCat's Avatar StillCat2/28/14 9:50 am
3/8/2014 7:03 pm
SavageGarden's Avatar SavageGarden
Hi everyone,

I'm having problems again with helping my friend out with his CraftBukkit server. We currently have a issue where the prefixes don't show up now, and I think I know partially the reason but not how to fix it. I tried to install a different chat manager and deleted 'EssentialsChat', but then tried to switch back to that default Essentials one since I realised the download I had didn't work. I put it back and reloaded the server 2 times, but I still had no file called EssentialsChat in the plugins folder.

I have completely checked my permissions file tons of times, put it in the YAML phraser, etc. Everything is completely fine with it, I assure you...

Here are the plugins we currently have installed:
ChestShop
Citizens
Essentials
EssentialsAntiBuild
EssentialsChat (No other folder, just the .jar)
EssentialsSpawn
EssentialsGeoIP
EssentialsProtect
EssentialsXMPP
PermissonsEx
CoreProtect
ClearLag
ColorMe
PlayerHeads
SetRankPEX
Plugin Metrics (I know this isn't a plugin, just listing it)
Updater
Vault
WhatIsIt
WorldGuard
WorldEdit

...And 2 plugins that aren't working: VoxelSniper and MCore. Hope someone can help us, we'd be really happy!
StillCat
Level 19 : Journeyman Pony

Create an account or sign in to comment.

03/08/2014 7:03 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Network
SavageGarden
You can do all that with just essentials. If that is all you're using ColorMe for then completely get rid of it. I was just telling you to disable temporarily to see if that was the problem.
03/08/2014 9:00 am
SavageGarden
Alright let's go process of elimination then. Disable your color me plugin so we can rule that out. And can you post a print of your perms file?
03/08/2014 9:29 am
StillCat
Thanks for sticking with me all the way, but I don't know if I can disable ColorMe because I personally think it's the only plugin that allows me to use colors/bold on signs and in-game. Here's my perms file for you, I've checked it a lot: http://pastebin.com/EafKyVQq
03/08/2014 12:33 am
SavageGarden
Try turning the Prefixer line to false. If the only thing that is wrong now is the color of your admin tag then, without viewing the config for Prefixer, I'm assuming that is your likely culprit as nothing in ColorMe applies specifically to admin tags. Also disable softMode. You aren't using HeroChat so that could be causing conflict.
03/08/2014 7:58 am
StillCat
Done both of what you said, however it still didn't work. I appreciate your help, really, it's awesome. It's still grey.
03/07/2014 9:47 pm
StillCat
Bump. Can someone please help?
03/07/2014 3:50 am
SavageGarden
If your color commands are being set in the prefixes option within PEX and still not showing then it is likely being overridden by another plugin controlling color. Check the config on ColorMe since it has Prefixer integrated in it, it is likely overriding something.
03/07/2014 9:20 pm
StillCat
Thanks for your help, but I'm not sure how to check. I can see the 'Prefixer: true' thingies, costs, etc. Here is my PasteBin file for you, I'd be glad if you could check it out:
http://pastebin.com/hNnEYJ9V Thanks!
03/06/2014 5:04 am
StillCat
Oh, never mind! It's sort of working now. It's now removed those '< >' signs and has only a grey prefix. My prefix should be '&8[&4Owner&8]', however it's just grey now. Thanks for the help anyways!
03/06/2014 5:23 pm
Level 20 : Expert Button Pusher
devonkeith
Could you message me the IP?
03/07/2014 9:21 pm
StillCat
Sadly I don't have a working IP yet - Chinese routers and all...
03/05/2014 11:37 pm
Level 20 : Expert Button Pusher
devonkeith
I know whats wrong, come on my server and we will talk. I cannot stand having conversations over a forum website. (Ip is the banner).

- CEOPanda
Lead-Developer/Owner of PappleCraft
mc.papplecraft.net
03/05/2014 6:22 am
StillCat
Can someone help? Please? I'm in dire need of a solution. I've already set the prefixes with PermissionsEx but they don't work.
03/05/2014 5:44 am
StillCat
Bump again. I am using the 'EssentialsChat' chat manager plugin but it does not have the folder which I can access the config files.
03/05/2014 7:00 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Pokemon
DtigerCSK
EssentialsChat's config is in the main Essentials' config. At line ~511, you can configure your chat formatting.
03/06/2014 5:03 am
StillCat
I enabled line 507, 510, and 511, but still no sign of improvement. Can you please help?
03/01/2014 6:38 am
Level 1 : New Miner
dylanweb2
MCore is just a dependency for factions, So you can get rid of that of you're not using factions, And for Voxel are you using the correct version? Try using dev builds, Could you post your perms file so we can see if you made a typo, And the configuration of your chat manager.
02/28/2014 10:25 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Network
chedger11
Down load the plugin essentials group manager or PEX (permission X) You can set prefixes with those plugins. you may need some youtube plugin help thought.
02/28/2014 8:44 pm
StillCat
Bumpity bump, please. Can anyone help?
02/28/2014 8:02 pm
StillCat
DtigerCSK
StillCat
I put it back and reloaded the server 2 times, but I still had no file called EssentialsChat in the plugins folder.

Reload as in the /reload command? Did you try restarting the server? You should avoid using the /reload command as it may break things.

Well, I did /stop the server a couple of times as well..
02/28/2014 7:07 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Pokemon
DtigerCSK
StillCat
I put it back and reloaded the server 2 times, but I still had no file called EssentialsChat in the plugins folder.

Reload as in the /reload command? Did you try restarting the server? You should avoid using the /reload command as it may break things.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome