Redstonehost 24/7 minecraft server Good or Bad

boawsome's Avatar boawsome2/26/13 6:56 pm
1 emeralds 890 3
2/27/2013 10:19 am
daegonpvp's Avatar daegonpvp
Hi guys im a server owner and their are a lot of people out their searching how to get 24/7 minecraft server.

Their are a lot of hosting out their but in my opinion i like redstonehost.

If you look on youtube their will be negative things but with my experince owning the server for about 2 months and got about 32 people on once the server was fine.

The server never lagged or crashed or did anything bad.

You dont have to manually turn it on its 24/7

it uses mcmyadmin and is just great.

if you are about to post a negative coment please tell me and I can fix your problem.

boawsome
Level 11 : Journeyman Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

02/26/2013 11:20 pm
Level 1 : New Network
JustinK01
I really cheap hosting so if you want a good price you can go with me. Otherwise I think Redstone Host is a great choice but a bit pricey.
02/26/2013 8:30 pm
Level 51 : Grandmaster Soldier
gunblast
Ive heard mixed reviews about RedstoneHost, never tried it out. I use DaddyCheese, its cheaper and their customer service is unparalleled, I get responses within 5 minutes of submitting a ticket XD.
02/27/2013 10:19 am
Level 1 : New Princess
daegonpvp
What a complete lie -

Thought I would share my experiences with Daddycheese.

We decided to use DaddyCheese as their prices were extremely competitive and they offered 24/7 support.

We weren't expecting much success with our server so we initially purchased a 4GB server with 50 slots. Everything was going well and support was great. We then started having severe lag issues which confused us as we had changed nothing in our configuration. This went on for days before DaddyCheese finally found the culprit was someone else on the same node running backup utilities every minute. I was slightly miffed at how they took so long to find the cause but I managed to get a free upgrade out of it so didn't complain too much.

Despite being fairly good at replying to tickets in the early days, the time it took DaddyCheese to reply to a support ticket gradually got longer and longer. I worked out that over the month we were with them the average reply to a ticket was 5 hours and they never replied to a ticket between 2am and 8am GMT (probably whilst they were asleep, 24/7 support? Yeah right). If you need quick and reliable support, don't use them.

Our server eventually exploded and began averaging about 150 players at which point we upgraded to 8GB RAM. The lag was tremendous however and DaddyCheese don't seem to understand that a larger server not only requires more RAM, but more CPU as well. We decided to switch to a dedicated provider as we simply could not put up with their clear overselling of the node and the absolute abysmal CPU share you actually receive.

If you plan on just getting a cheap and cheerful option for you and a few friends then you will probably be fine. If however you need reliable hosting and support for a much larger server then you should definitely use elsewhere.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome