Server Issues

dragnog's Avatar dragnog11/28/11 12:44 pm
11/29/2011 4:38 pm
ZaphodX's Avatar ZaphodX
Hi there.

Ive set up a bukkit server which runs of my computer for a few friends of mine. My local Ipv4 address keeps chaning though so everytime i log on i need to change the server properties to match the ipv4 address. Ive also had to port forward .1, .2 etc but is this suppose to be happening. I still log onto the server with my own ip address ie 82.123 etc but it dosent allways let me on. Sometimes it works and sometimes it dosent eventhough ive portforwarded .2 .3 .4 and .5.

Any help would be really nice. Sorry if this has been answered before but i couldnt see it awaywhere.

Thanks,
Drag
dragnog
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

11/29/2011 4:38 pm
Level 40 : Master Network
ZaphodX
No worries. Glad to hear its working.
11/29/2011 4:34 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner
dragnog
Hi ZaphodX / Everyone

That might be the reason it is changing your local ip.

Ive removed all the info in the server properties. I think the reason for the IPv4 address was changing was because i had a dynamic ip which automatically changes everytime i turn on the router. To fix this ive changed it to a static ip using a programme i found on portforward.com. It stays on one ip now. Also for some reason when i port-forwarded from my router website it didnt seem to work, so instead i downloaded simple port forward and that seemed to do the trick.

At the moment everything seems to be working ok and i would like to say thanks for trying to help. Sorry for the late reply i wasent expecting a reply so quickly :p.

Take care,
Drag
11/28/2011 1:33 pm
Level 40 : Master Network
ZaphodX
NEVER change the server ip in server.properties file, always leave it totally blank. That is used for Hamachi only.

That might be the reason it is changing your local ip.

Have you been repairing or restarting your local area connection? This could be resetting you local ip to a new one.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome