Setting up a new Server [Bukkit 1.9.4]

HarryEscoto's Avatar HarryEscoto9/2/16 5:23 am
1 emeralds 145 1
9/2/2016 9:35 am
raidarr's Avatar raidarr
So Hi MC community, first of all I want to say I'm new with this stuff so please take it easy on me . Any kind of help is welcome, please no hate comments.
*I will update continuosly*

So I'm setting up a CraftBukkit server with a friend, the server is already bought and it's active now. However, I need some help making some configs with the plugins, and... basically... setting it up . The server is meant to be mainly survival.

General Info:
First, the list of plugins I installed:

I think the server might need this ones for now since it will be only for a few people [maximum of 15 to 25]. If you know any other basic plugin that all servers need please let me know, any help is welcome!

So a Default world has been created/generated of course by now, and we are planning to add these sections/features for now:

-Survival
-PvP
-Mob Arena
-Factions

Going straight to the point here are some questions I have:
*Keep in mind I'm new with this stuff

- 1. Is there a specific method of setting the main spawn? Like when you join a server you always spawn in a hub right? So, is there any method that everyone [at least most people] uses after building the hub spawn? [You might want to tell me to go and search it myself, but I actually prefer people who has knowledge and can tell me in their own words how to make it, rather than reading all complicated info]

-2. Do you know a specific config that has to be made with any of the plugins so they work correctly? Like Permissions for example?

-3. Is there any other basic plugin I'm missing or that I should use? if so, please explain its use .

This is all for now... but I will keep updating this topic for more help. Please provide useful information, and again... take it easy on me .

[b][color=#FF0000][Update #1][/b]:
[/color]
So, I decided that before doing any other config ranks with [b]PermissionsEx[/b] should be done. Now here's is how I configured the [b]permissions.yml[/b] file:

[spoiler]groups:
default:
options:
default: true
permissions:
- modifyworld.*
schema-version: 1
Member:
permissions:
- modifyworld.*
- adminessentials.tp
- adminessentials.tp.others
- adminessentials.tphere
- easywarp.command.warp
options:
prefix: ' &9(&9M&9ember&9)&9 '
Mod:
permissions:
- -modifyworld.mobtarget.*
- modifyworld.*
- adminessentials.ban
- adminessentials.kick
- adminessentials.ci
- adminessentials.fly
- adminessentials.tppos
- adminessentials.tphere
- adminessentials.tp.others
- adminessentials.tp
- easywarp.command.warp
options:
prefix: ' &5(&5Mod&5)&5 '
Admin:
permissions:
- modifyworld.*
- permissions.*
options:
prefix: ' &4(&4Admin&4)&4 '
Owner:
permissions:
- modifyworld.*
- permissions.*
options:
prefix: ' &6(&6Admin&6)&6 '[/spoiler]

I didn't actually wrote it like this of course, but PMC screwed up this .

I just want to know if this is correct because the server console shows an error message everytime I start the server and it automatically disables the plugin.
HarryEscoto
Level 20 : Expert Unicorn