[SOLVED] Old versions of minecraft have no sound?

safetytorch's Avatar safetytorch6/8/18 7:17 am
2 emeralds 17.5k 4
6/9/2018 9:02 am
safetytorch's Avatar safetytorch
hey, guys, I'm really confused about this. so today I was like I'm going to play the original 1.0 release of Minecraft (nostalgic reasons) and i downloaded it opened it annnddd.. no sound?? i installed 1.7.2 beta still no sound i installed 1.7.2 release still no sound. i reinstalled the game and installed the current version (1.12.2) and i have sound but then i reinstalled older versions (1.0 release) again and i am still having no sound on the old versions of Minecraft. is there anyone out there that would be willing to help me out? so confused right now.

i have noticed for some reason in the assets folder there are no audio files installed?

i have also noticed this in the log files

[13:42:33] [Sound Library Loader/INFO]: Sound engine started
[13:42:34] [MCO Availability Checker #1/ERROR]: Couldn't connect to Realms
[13:42:37] [Client thread/WARN]: Unable to play unknown soundEvent: minecraft:gui.button.press
[13:42:38] [Client thread/WARN]: Unable to play unknown soundEvent: minecraft:music.menu
[13:42:41] [Client thread/WARN]: Unable to play unknown soundEvent: minecraft:gui.button.press
[13:42:42] [Client thread/WARN]: Unable to play unknown soundEvent: minecraft:gui.button.press
[13:42:43] [Client thread/INFO]: Stopping!

through testing, I have found out that everything below Minecraft version 1.6.1 release has no audio.

I am also using the good old legacy launcher and as I said the furthest back I can go is 1.6.1 I have also noticed that instead of downloading the sound files directly in the assets folder it goes assets\virtual\legacy and then in the legacy folder all the sound files are there but the game will not play them.
safetytorch
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

06/09/2018 9:02 am
safetytorch
Hi admin can close this thread if they would like. As i said in reply to MmnaGamer14 I have found i fix my self and made a tutorial out of it.
if anyone else runs into the issue the solution (in this case) is here www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pDsGCnTKuY&feature=youtu.be
06/08/2018 7:31 am
safetytorch
EDIT!
i have discovered that i think that this may be an issue with Mojang and Microsoft them self for some reason. this was in the legacy launcher`s log.

Starting up SoundSystem...Starting up SoundSystem...

Initializing LWJGL OpenAL (The LWJGL binding of OpenAL. For more information, see http://www.lwjgl.org)OpenAL initialized.

java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 403 for URL: http://s3.amazonaws.com/MinecraftResources/newsound/ambient/cave/cave1.ogg

at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream0(Unknown Source)

at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(Unknown Source) at java.net.URL.openStream(Unknown Source)

at ng.a(SourceFile:104) at ng.a(SourceFile:93) at ng.run(SourceFile:42)

this also continues for every sound file.

if anyone knows how to manually download the sound files for older versions of Minecraft and would be able to help me out that would be awesome!
06/09/2018 3:47 am
Level 8 : Apprentice Cake
MmanGamer14
It appears that Amazon is not allowing you to download the audio files. (Mojang stores the release files downloaded by the launcher on the Amazon Web Storage service.)
I don't know how you are getting the version itself, though.
06/09/2018 8:16 am
safetytorch
yea don't worry I noticed that and upon further requests and this and that to Mojang and their official bug form. 1 they can't be stuffed fixing this and 2 I think it was done on purpose, unfortunately.

i have found i fix my self and made a tutorial out of it.
if anyone else runs into the issue the solution (in this case) is here www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pDsGCnTKuY&feature=youtu.be
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome