[1.11.2] Texture Packs not compatible

DoctorMario_'s Avatar DoctorMario_1/6/17 3:03 am
1 emeralds 1.5k 2
1/6/2017 7:19 am
DoctorMario_'s Avatar DoctorMario_
So I have just returned to Minecraft after many years away and I'm trying to install a realistic custom texture pack but none of the ones I install are compatible with the current version of minecraft. The texture packs are appearing as available but are just not applying at all to the client when I move them to selected. The screen holds up for a seconds when leaving the screen after selecting a pack but then continues with the default pack.

The texture pack is updated (was less than 24 hours ago to be exact) to minecraft 1.10 but does that mean it can't work with 1.11.2? I even tried installing a random very recently added texture pack and that also came up with not being compatible with the current minecraft version.

I've tried googling this but I came up with nothing so that's why I'm here now.
Am playing realms with a friend so I would like it to work with the current version of 1.11.2.
Maybe I'm just a massive noob and don't know something but if someone could help me that would be awesome.
DoctorMario_
Level 1 : New Explorer