Villagers not staying or disappearing?

Nibink's Avatar Nibink5/20/19 11:46 am
2 emeralds 1.5k 2
5/21/2019 5:59 am
Nibink's Avatar Nibink
Hi guys,

I recently started playing again because of the latest update and I spawned closely to a village, loved the new looks of them.

The only sad part about is, it was nearly abandoned. There was one stonemason left in his house until a few days later I couldn't find him anymore. I decided to fix up the village a bit and cure some zombie villagers when I was ready so I could restore this ghost town to a place where villagers can live :)

I cured my first zombie villager in a bit and made an iron golem to keep him safe. The problem starts here, there is a whole fully generated village already there, I only fixed up the paths and chopped down some trees. However, the villager doesn't go in the houses and just wanders around in the surround forest, a few minutes later I found the drops of the now dead iron golem.

I would really love to fix up this village and inhabit it again, but if the villagers are bugged or won't stay in it, I see no point in doing it and I will probably move.. Does anyone else have the same problem or maybe a solution?

Thanks!
Nibink
Level 2 : Apprentice Crafter